PDA

View Full Version : My old playground

Islandhunter
10-26-2009, 09:30 PM
My cousin took this from a Coast Guard helicopter...looking down on my old playground...the beach I grew up running around. My grandparents/parents house is the 3rd from the left on the shore. This is the West End of the island looking SW and Portland is the skyline at the top of the picture looking down the bay. I live in the middle of the island now...but it is only about 6 by 3 miles so am never far from the water.

Epi-hunter
10-26-2009, 09:56 PM
You are making me so jealous! I would LOVE to live there....

angellionel
10-26-2009, 10:09 PM
Me too! That place is beautiful!

Jason in Enid
10-26-2009, 10:53 PM
That looks like a great place! Have you ever swung a coil over those beaches?

Islandhunter
10-27-2009, 05:27 AM
You are making me so jealous! I would LOVE to live there....

It is nice but does have its drawbacks at times too...your life revolves around the boat schedule to get to and back from the mainland and it's not always sunny and warm....

Islandhunter
10-27-2009, 05:32 AM
That looks like a great place! Have you ever swung a coil over those beaches?

Jason...I have a couple times half heartedly. I am not big on hunting the beaches...lots and lots of wire lobster trap parts etc to go along with the normal pull tabs etc. The bank in front of all the houses in the pic used to be held in place by everyone pushing their old cars over the bank and at one time there was more than fifty there, so the beach has rear ends, axles, clutches etc buried all thru it so makes it kinda tough. I do hit the beaches occassionally on warmer winter days when my detecting withdrawls are too much to take and I just GOTTA get out... :grin: