PDA

View Full Version : First GOLD ring and Official Lucky Penny today...

itsaawgood
06-30-2011, 01:46 PM
Took a trip down to the water today and took to the water with the AT Pro. For about the first hour the detector was pretty silent. Then the fun began...first found a beaded necklace, next came my very first Gold ring, next my Offical Lucky Penny...and then some clad and cheapo sunglasses. All in about a 2 1/2 hour water hunt. Come home to take a small break but gonna be heading back out soon. I have to do some research on the ring...its a 10K gold class ring...class of 1974. I would have to say its been my most exciting water trip so far. <:

HH

aloldstuff
06-30-2011, 02:23 PM
Wonderful arsenal you have there. Congreats on the gold.

trout-hunter
06-30-2011, 03:26 PM
And I thought I had more money than brains lol great finds :clapping:

itsaawgood
06-30-2011, 03:46 PM
And I thought I had more money than brains lol great finds :clapping:

I hook up any of my friends who want to go detecting with me...its only money...can't take it with you lol

Jeff (or)
06-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Congrats on the gold ring, looks like you had a fun hunt! Great pics, thanks for sharing!!! :happydance01: :beerbuddy:

coinnut
06-30-2011, 11:17 PM
Nice hunt with the AT Pro :clapping: Glad you hit a section that had some keepers. It can get boring sometimes, until the finds start coming. thumbsup01 Nice ring and I hope you get a chance to locate the owner. I always wished I could find and return one. I bet it makes their day to see their ring again

jkress
06-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Wow... that is one gorgeous piece of gold. <: You really made the best of your first one.
That's quite the set up you have there. You definitely don't have anything to worry about
if one goes to the shop for repairs. lol
Best of luck on your next venture to the beach.

itsaawgood
07-01-2011, 06:46 AM
Thanks everyone! Persistance finally paid off...I knew it was only a matter of time. My wife says I'm obsessed with metal detecting....I say I'm just very passionate about it lol.