PDA

View Full Version : 2009 - year's finds - Part 2

coinnut
01-14-2010, 05:00 PM
Got around to puting together the rest of my year's finds and finally got some photos done.
It was a great year. I had probably the largest number of buttons I have ever dug - 305 :shocked04:stretcher: My silver count for the year looks like one of Angel's days lol Won't bore you with all the picture descriptions :rolleyes: But if you have any questions on anything, just ask. Part 3 will be close ups of the best 3 finds from a couple of different catagories. Thanks for looking. I've got a box all ready for 2010 stuff :yes:

coinnut
01-14-2010, 05:03 PM
Here's some more pictures ;)

coinnut
01-14-2010, 05:04 PM
Here's the last of it whew!! lol

hoser
01-14-2010, 05:52 PM
Very nice finds indeed coinnut :drool: Thats quite the haul you made. You are not gonna eat off those spoons........right! rofl

del
01-14-2010, 05:54 PM
:shocked04:wow :shocked04: George i didn't realize you got so many shoe buckles thumbsup01, you had a phenominal year for colonial coins and relics buddy and if anyone says different you just show'em that you've got the knobs to prove it . :poke: :poke: :twirlingeyes:

Very nice finds indeed coinnut :drool:You are not gonna eat off those spoons........right! rofl

thats what they look like after he eats off them ,Bill

very nicely presented and some great stuff there man , a really huge congrats to ya

John M
01-14-2010, 06:02 PM
Very nice finds George.That is one heck of a shoe buckle collection and all from one year.Looking through the photos there is one item that really sticks out to me to be truly unique.I really like the large colonial button that has been customized into what I think is a whizzer.The shank most likely broke off and dad made a toy for his kid to make noise with for hours.I would say that is Yankee ingenuity and very creative,old button some string and a little filing.

angellionel
01-14-2010, 06:23 PM
Man, you really had a great year! That's a very nice assortment of relics...and 305 buttons? :shocked04:stretcher: Did you get to go through all of them to clean them up a bit? Those coppers and silver coins stand out for me. :drool:

I had been going through some of the older posts, and saw many of them are in beautiful shape.

Congrats, George! I do wish you another successful year!

coinnut
01-14-2010, 06:28 PM
Very nice finds indeed coinnut :drool: Thats quite the haul you made. You are not gonna eat off those spoons........right! rofl

Sure I'll eat off of them rofl I'll do anything for money, colonial money that is ;)

George i didn't realize you got so many shoe buckles

And no comment on that buckle inner with the single tooth lol Is it the piece you are missing? Didn't know I had one with a single tine. :shocked04:stretcher:

Looking through the photos there is one item that really sticks out to me to be truly unique.I really like the large colonial button that has been customized into what I think is a whizzer.

Thanks John. That wizzer is kinda odd. Usually get them wit just two holes and a plain edge. This guy must have been Einstein?? He sawtoothed the edges, to give it an extra wizzing sound. And what's with the 3 holes in the shape of a triangle?? Does it spin faster with more strings?? Or is that tiny fourth hole to repair his mistake lol

coinnut
01-14-2010, 06:30 PM
Man, you really had a great year! That's a very nice assortment of relics...and 305 buttons? :shocked04:stretcher: Did you get to go through all of them to clean them up a bit? Those coppers and silver coins stand out for me. :drool:

I had been going through some of the older posts, and saw many of them are in beautiful shape.

Congrats, George! I do wish you another successful year!

Thanks Angel, I hope everyone has a good years hunt!! Starting to get the copper itch are we rofl :poke: And yes, I brass brushed everyone of them buttons lol :crying02:

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-14-2010, 06:37 PM
very nice! impressive haul! love the shoe buckles.a complete one is definitely on my wish list! you did awesome this year! maybe 2010 be a repeat for you and dan! heck me too! :tongue:
great job dude!

coinnut
01-14-2010, 06:41 PM
very nice! impressive haul! love the shoe buckles.a complete one is definitely on my wish list! you did awesome this year! maybe 2010 be a repeat for you and dan! heck me too! :tongue:
great job dude!

Thanks Dave. I hope we all get what we deserve rofl Good stuff I mean ;) You'll get a complete shoe buckle yet, don't worry. :yes: The season is just a baby, we have lots of months ahead of us. But holding on to all that stuff all year round is a project and a half lol

Epi-hunter
01-14-2010, 07:30 PM
Wow!!! Terrific stuff!! Congratulations, you had a fantastic year George! I love the bells, and the buttons, and the jewelry... and the coins!

I have some questions (don't roll your eyes lol ). What is that hand -- it's cool! And maybe this is a stupid question, but why did people only lose spoons instead of other types of utensils? I mean, you found a zillion spoons and nothing of anything else. And how is it that people lose so many buckles? Honestly, I would think it would be hard to lose a buckle. :confused:

coinnut
01-14-2010, 08:44 PM
Wow!!! Terrific stuff!! Congratulations, you had a fantastic year George! I love the bells, and the buttons, and the jewelry... and the coins!

I have some questions (don't roll your eyes lol ). What is that hand -- it's cool! And maybe this is a stupid question, but why did people only lose spoons instead of other types of utensils? I mean, you found a zillion spoons and nothing of anything else. And how is it that people lose so many buckles? Honestly, I would think it would be hard to lose a buckle. :confused:

Thanks Angie. That hand is part of a in-home letter holder. Kinda made to keep on a desk or wall (two different types were made) and hold letters waiting to go out or just notes on your desk. Mine had a large plaque behind it and it would pivot so you could put the mail behind the hand. I thought it was an old cigarette lighter when I found it rofl. As for the spoons, I don't know why I didn't find any forks this year. I guess most of the spoons are given to the kids to dig with in the yard. I'm thinking it's harder to poke your eye out with a spoon lol Most of the buckles are throw away ones or from fires. If your buckle looses it plating or your shoes are real worn, I'm thinking they just toss them. Not to mention the fact that buckles of that nature went out of style somewheres around 1800. So if the site is active until the 1850's you will see lots of Grandpa's junk thrown out. And Angie, there are no stupid questions, just stupid answers :yes:

Krom
01-14-2010, 08:56 PM
Geez, CoinNut... for a coin nut, you sure rescued a lot of real sweet relics!
Thanks for sharing them great pics, man. You jus' put my cabin fever into critical mode!

Snowy
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
You jus' put my cabin fever into critical mode!

Settle down, now.... you're hitting the ocean tomorrow... you won't find any relics or old coins like those posted above, but you'll find plenty of more junk to even further sink the garage! :shocked04:

coinnut
01-14-2010, 09:04 PM
You jus' put my cabin fever into critical mode!

Oh boy, sorry Joe. Didn't want to send you over the edge. Just disregard that post lol

Krom
01-14-2010, 09:13 PM
You're crackin' me up, here, CN. That's gonna allow more cold in. :ticked: lol

Epi-hunter
01-14-2010, 09:24 PM
Geez, CoinNut... for a coin nut, you sure rescued a lot of real sweet relics!

That's a great point, Joe. I think we should re-name him. How about buttonnut? Or oxknobnut? lol

Thanks for the explanations George. :) Good point about spoons, digging in the yard and not poking your eye out. I'm a mom; one would think I would have thought of that myself. :confused: I thought maybe forks were invented after spoons lol (yes, there are dumb questions)

Krom
01-14-2010, 09:39 PM
That's a great point, Joe. I think we should re-name him. How about buttonnut? Or oxknobnut? lol

I vote &quot:daydream:stretcher:knobNut out, Ang (backin' th' Mama, here). That would devastate Donna. She hasn't found her first yet (and between her and another MDer on MDM, they have a bet... first one to find an oxknob, the loser buys breakfast for the winner at a Denny's... and, for the past couple years, neither have produced that golden ticket.
Myself... I've dug dozens. :grin:

Snowy
01-14-2010, 09:46 PM
I vote &quot:daydream:stretcher:knobNut out, Ang (backin' th' Mama, here). That would devastate Donna. She hasn't found her first yet (and between her and another MDer on MDM, they have a bet... first one to find an oxknob, the loser buys breakfast for the winner at a Denny's... and, for the past couple years, neither have produced that golden ticket.
Myself... I've dug dozens. :grin:

I think 2010 is actually year FOUR of the bet. :rolleyes:

coinnut
01-14-2010, 10:32 PM
I think 2010 is actually year FOUR of the bet. :rolleyes:

I wish I was losing that bet. You can come down here and dig all you want lol We hate them things, sound just like a sweet silver coin :ticked:

Don't give the guys any more ammo :huh: But Memorial Head might work lol Jeeze, I'm helping them now :bangahead01:

Krom
01-14-2010, 10:59 PM
http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j16/Nam69/Smileys/laughing4.gif

del
01-15-2010, 03:27 AM
i vote for the colonial clad chaser or just triple C for short cause he's always finding modern pennies at 200 year old sites ;) :tongue: :grin:

who wants to bet he pulls a lincoln memorial out at our next hunt , he's a lock :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-15-2010, 03:47 AM
i vote for the colonial clad chaser or just triple C for short cause he's always finding modern pennies at 200 year old sites ;) :tongue: :grin:

who wants to bet he pulls a lincoln memorial out at our next hunt , he's a lock :yes:

slaps down a $20 spot on G bet he gets his beloved ZINCOLN!

angellionel
01-15-2010, 09:49 AM
slaps down a $20 spot on G bet he gets his beloved ZINCOLN!

lol

The dreaded zincoln? Not even a regular pre-1982 memorial? lol

coinnut
01-15-2010, 02:56 PM
Laugh all you want lol We'll see what tomorrow brings ;) Looks like copper wire and BB's for Del thumbsup01

MassDirtFisher
01-15-2010, 06:10 PM
I need a drool rag...............
Amazing finds. Simply Amazing.
Congrats to you!!
Happy Hunting!!

xzlr8n
01-16-2010, 08:56 PM
Great stuff :shocked04:

SpringTxDigger
01-17-2010, 11:27 PM
What a year! I may have to spend my next vacation up your way. What a collection to be proud of.