PDA

View Full Version : SUPRISE HUNT WITH COINNUT TODAY

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2011, 09:44 PM
on my way home from work at 3pm i'm coming through the park near my house.i see this truck that looks kinda familiar and some long haired dude kneeling down digging a target :huh: i quickly realized who it was. we talked for a second & decided to go to an old home built in 1800 home that me and forino and me and sniffy had been to before.but,as most say no place is ever hunted out.today proved that theory.
got some clad,a nice gold gilted 2 piece Benedict & Burnham designed button, a cool old cast motorcycle made by Barclay & a nice old lock. it was just starting to get dark.got a iffy but somewhat solid signal and almost passed it up. not expecting to see a seated half dime in the hole :grin: it definitely topped off the unexpected hunt with George. thumbsup01.
In the rush of grabbing my gear i forgot my camera,george took a pic of the half dime just dug in the yard.i'll post it when he sends it.
hope you all have a safe and happy 4th of July holiday!

milco
06-30-2011, 09:55 PM
Sweets finds, congrats on the half-dime. The motercycle dude is cool, looks like a HD!

zrickkid
06-30-2011, 10:08 PM
Very nice stuff. :angelic:

Ill Digger
06-30-2011, 10:27 PM
It seems like sometimes the unexpected hunts turn out to be better than a big planned hunt :dontknow:
Of course the half dime is super cool !! :cool: Thats still on my still to find list :rolleyes:
But the motorcycle guy is really cool!! :shocked04: :cool: I'll bet some poor kid was heart broken after realizing it was missing :crying02:
Cool old toy!!
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2011, 10:29 PM
we thought the spokes were all deteriorated away but come to find out.it's almost all there
http://www.stagecoachtoys.com/scripts/prodView.asp?idproduct=55

Ill Digger
06-30-2011, 10:35 PM
we thought the spokes were all deteriorated away but come to find out.it's almost all there
It looks like it's all intact :yes: Really cool !! :yes: :cool:

coinnut
06-30-2011, 10:44 PM
Hey Dave, was real nice meeting up with you today. :yes: I'm glad you found me in the park lol I was in wheaty heaven. rofl Super find from that old house. It's fitting that you found that late in the hunt, since it's probably the last time you are able to hit that place. Nice looking half dime |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) You got some great relics there also. A nice, unexpected hunt thumbsup01 My take is 2 pieces of silver. A 1917 Mercury, and a USN sterling piece. Got another 1926ish Ford Model A hub cap :rolleyes:, a real cool looking button. Thought it was gonna be a 2 pc, but it's a one piece :dontknow: Colonial?? or 1900's lol I bet you are glad you decided against going to the cellar hole lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
06-30-2011, 11:25 PM
nice finds G! that navy emblem looks like its an ID type bracelet minus the chain portion.cool button! house was built in the year 1800 owner told me so who knows?no way that button is 1900's \:hammer: that button could be 1780-1820ish :confused: congrats on the merc.i think we made a smart decision leaving the park :yes: thumbsup01

coinnut
07-01-2011, 12:11 AM
no way that button is 1900's \:hammer: that button could be 1780-1820ish :confused:

rofl Look at the way it was randomly punched. Crude looking design, but I think it still has a lot of silver plate left to it. So not 1900's aye? ;) lol We need to get Dan out for a hunt. :thinkingabout:

Jeff (or)
07-01-2011, 01:14 AM
Nice hunt!! A lot of cool finds, That motercycle is great!!!! :cool: :beerbuddy:

MassDirtFisher
07-01-2011, 05:11 PM
Congrats to you both on a great hunt!! Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
07-05-2011, 09:37 AM
Excellent hunting gentleman....Love seeing seated pop out of the ground. Congrats

jkress
07-06-2011, 01:21 AM
Wow... you two pulled out some serious keepers on this hunt. :shocked04: :clapping:
Love the Half Dime and the cycle is an awesome find. Great shape to boot.
A nice early Merc and a heck of a keeper on the silver USN piece. :happydance01:
Very well done gentlemen. thumbsup01

tanacat
07-06-2011, 07:28 AM
Yay for surprise hunts!!! You guys sure found some cool stuff- that motorcycle is really neat :yes: Love the pics as usual. ANd of course that half dime!!! :happydance01: How deep was it?

RobW
07-07-2011, 02:31 PM
Very cool you 2. Some great finds as always |:confused:)

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-09-2011, 08:14 AM
Yay for surprise hunts!!! You guys sure found some cool stuff- that motorcycle is really neat :yes: Love the pics as usual. ANd of course that half dime!!! :happydance01: How deep was it?

thanks Tana.it was only 3 inches the half dime that is

BrunswickMd
07-09-2011, 12:58 PM
What a cool haul - love that bike - looks like he is flying down the road.