PDA

View Full Version : tesoro compadre or ace 150

BOWSER
07-02-2011, 07:24 PM
which one would you choose for a backup detector. :thinkingabout:

coinnut
07-02-2011, 09:11 PM

Of those two choices :thinkingabout: I'd pick the same machine I already have as a first machine lol Probably would go with the Tesoro with the lifetime warranty, plus the fact that it weighs almost nothing, and is good enough for most parks, tot lots, etc.. If I would get a cheaper Garrett, I would try and find someone selling the Ace 250 or 350. Remember you have to actually use the backup if your primary machine goes down :shocked04: Gotta be happy with the second choice too.

jkress
07-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Not really familiar with the Tesoro but I don't think the Ace 150 has a pinpoint function. Not sure if the Tesoro does.
Might be something to consider.
A used Ace 250 would be a nice choice for a back up. The cost is low and the machine is extremely efficient. I still have mine
and have always been happy with the results. It will find coins, new and old! :yes:

Vito
07-03-2011, 07:22 AM

Hi Jim, think you won't be happy with any of them, even if you're going to back up the Prizm2.

As an addition to your arsenal the Compadre should be a good choice. But think about it's very small coil which is 5.75 inches. So this will slow you down to cover the whole ground.

JMHO

BOWSER
07-03-2011, 07:05 PM
Iwas asking for a friend who is new to detecting and has a mid range detector and would like a back up one. The compadre comes as a surprise to me as it gets very high remarks on different forums,The 150 has more features it seems.I have recommended the prism ii. thank you for input as for walking slow ,i find that if were me making the decision it would'nt matter as since my last birthday i am walking as slow as a snail.

Vito
07-04-2011, 02:19 AM
Hi Jim. Walking slow is the key to get those deep stuff. :peace:

Just another thing I wanna mention about the Garrett Ace 150. It's working in mono loop mode only. So p/p is very hard without a probe and the machine lacks in depth and ID'ing stuff.

I'd go for the Compadre.

All my Best to you, Mr. J.Snail. lol

edit: P.S.: Jim, my friend. Feel free to tell us about what is the mid range detector. No locks nor bans here. :poke:

z118
07-04-2011, 07:26 AM
The 5 coil on the Compadre makes me nuts. It's sensitivity can not be questioned but the slow pace required by that tiny coil is a deal breaker for me. I wind up using it only in small or very well hunted tot lots. As an overall backup I'd pick a Tracker IV over the Compadre.

BOWSER
07-04-2011, 08:27 PM
Hi Jim. Walking slow is the key to get those deep stuff. :peace:

Just another thing I wanna mention about the Garrett Ace 150. It's working in mono loop mode only. So p/p is very hard without a probe and the machine lacks in depth and ID'ing stuff.

I'd go for the Compadre.

All my Best to you, Mr. J.Snail. lol

edit: P.S.: Jim, my friend. Feel free to tell us about what is the mid range detector. No locks nor bans here. :poke:
That would be a garretts stinger

hunter1
07-05-2011, 08:20 AM
I went with the compadre for a back up MD. I like the sml coil, makes sure you cover the ground better. besides you get more the slower and the better you overlap your swing pattern. I think it's the best turn on and go detector for the money. I seem to find more small gold with it then my main MD, minelab 505. You wont go wrong. Mine has paid for itself allready. Good hunting.

Vito
07-07-2011, 02:20 AM
That would be a garretts stinger

From what I read this is a very sensitive machine. Think it will do good in tot lots for all kind of stuff, including small gold jewelry.

And it's 5x10 DD coil will help in bad ground conditions, too.

Sure, I never had one, but it was in the shortlist when decided to go with a mxt. How is your friend doing with this gold machine?

BOWSER
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
nuttin yet ,i think he is still reading the manual :dontknow:

Vito
07-10-2011, 03:30 AM
nuttin yet ,i think he is still reading the manual :dontknow:

Think it will be good to start in motion disc autotune mode.

edit: Removed a link for youtube vid, because there was some advertisement in.

But you can use this HIT ME, I'm a Link (http://lmgtfy.com/?q=YouTube+Garrett+Gold+Stinger) :grin: and then watch some of the mentioned videos.