PDA

View Full Version : lucky silver today

randy
07-04-2011, 06:01 PM
Met up with a couple of other guys this morning at a new site, but the ratio of mosquitoes to keepers was about 20000 to 0, so we moved on to another site. The next site was also stingy on targets, but I did manage to nail an iffy rosie happydance02, the sort the e-trac sniffs out.

Decided to call it a day and spend the afternoon with the family, but my wife decided she wanted to go linen shopping instead <:, which means an unexpected afternoon of detecting for me. <: <: <:

Went to the site I have permission for where they are excavating around the mansion, and this is the first day I was able to get into the excavation. Even on Sundays the workmen are there, but I figured today would be safe. The manager was there and said they would be filling it in tomorrow with brick >:# (why are these people here on holidays and Sundays?), so I decided I'd better make the entire thing the afternoon's project.

No silver in the excavation >{, tho I did find a crotal bell in a 2 foot deep section :crazy:. That is some pretty scary sinkage.

Next step was to scan the dirt piles from the excavation, which they'd been piling a good quarter mile away across a huge field. So, I'm walking across the field, carrying my machine and not even swinging (not interested in field hunting today in the heat, rock hard dirt, and likely sparse targets), and the thing goes off out of the blue. This field is from the 1700s so of course I'm gonna dig it, but it was an 11-47 at three inches which is always a clad Q, but in this case was a silver Q happydance02 That was probably the luckiest silver I've ever gotten. I just got a return on karma points from something. (I think it rang like clad 'cause its so worn).

The dirt pile was also kind to me and managed to surrender a merc. Its a huge pile, and I'm tempted to just spread it out a bit more with a shovel, but that's possibly a project for another day.

Crossing the field again back to my car (swinging this time, of course), I manage to nail a small silver charm and a 07-47 (any E-Trac'ers want to take a guess on what that will be?). 1700's field, lucky day, I'm figuring that target could be spectacular, and it turns out to be a clad Kennedy half >{ >{ >{.

Well, at least it was a fun day, and I know this is TMI, but at least I had fun writing more of a narrative for a change.

MassDirtFisher
07-04-2011, 06:32 PM
Congrats on scoring silver!! Happy Hunting!!

milco
07-04-2011, 07:37 PM
Cool narrative, congrats on the silver! Sounds like lots of potential if you can catch the dirt right there at that site.

jkress
07-04-2011, 09:57 PM
my wife decided she wanted to go linen shopping instead <:, which means an unexpected afternoon of detecting for me. <: <: <:

I just don't see the connection here. Why would one equal the other? :confused: lol lol lol

Just messing with you. ;) Very nice group of silver Randy. Hard to believe the crotal bell piece was so deep. I wonder what lurks in the
1 plus foot range? :shocked04:
Congrats.

aloldstuff
07-05-2011, 07:11 AM
Sounds like a spot that needs attention. Congrats on the silvers and keep diggin

coinnut
07-05-2011, 07:36 PM
:thinkingabout: I'm gonna ask my wife if she needs to go linen shopping :thinkingabout: Maybe this can work for me too lol Great that you got away for a bit and did find some nice silver. Mosquitoes and nats seem to be a million to one these days. Too bad about the mansion. I love moved dirt, but I can never get them to just take the first 4 off the top :dontknow: Not 12 :girlcry: :girlcry: :girlcry: Sometimes the more I drool about a site the worse I do 8/ Nice silver addition to your hoard Randy :clapping: