PDA

View Full Version : Late post from 4th of July

RobW
07-07-2011, 08:51 AM
Al and I have been in a bit of a dry spell....as you may have noticed from my lack of posts....for weeks. I've also been extremely busy having to work, so I have not had the time to get out, plus my car has been in the shop for almost a month now...and now I'm sounding like a country song.

After a day with the family, I called Al up to see if he wanted to head out for a bit on the 4th. We didn't have much time so we decided to hit a local park that we have pounded, and I have pounded over and over. However, I had crept out a couple days earlier and found several wheats in an area that I had hit so many times it wasn't funny. So I figured there had to be something there.

Al got there before me and was parked on the other side of the park, and I went right to the area I had dug the wheats to go over it again. Wasn't long before I had another wheat in my special pocket. I met up with Al and he showed me the Merc he had recovered :envious: Now I was feeling the pressure. Iworked my way up to an area he and I had both found silver dimes months ago. Working it...working it. Got a very bouncy signal, but it would bounce to 46. Iffy, but I dug. Pulled my plug, put the pin pointer in the hole, got a signal, retreived it.....nail. Got another signal, retreived it...nail...no other signal in the hole. Checked the plug...signal...recovered...1964 Quarter <:

Our curse has been broken

On the way back to the car got a clad 2009 dime...I consider this a keeper due to the low mintage

aloldstuff
07-07-2011, 09:11 AM
Hail Hail the curse is dead. Nice quarter there Rob. The V is still in Manassas getting fixed. Hopefully it will get back soon. Congrats on that quarter

coinnut
07-07-2011, 10:49 AM
Nice score on the quarter Rob thumbsup01 Something about certain signals just makes you have to dig them. I think it's that little, bitty squeek of silver that peeks through them nails, that does it lol Glad you hit some of that shiny stuff :happydance01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-07-2011, 01:54 PM
nice silver Rob thumbsup01

del
07-07-2011, 06:19 PM
wow Rob after all that you should be writting country songs lol lol.
hey i'm glad you and Al got out and broke the curse of the silverless pouches , that might explain George's recent fascination of little keychain sized dolls he keeps of you and Al in his trash pouch and not his keeper pouch. :yes: :yes: :grin:

congrats on the silver Rob

coinnut
07-07-2011, 07:25 PM
hey i'm glad you and Al got out and broke the curse of the silverless pouches , that might explain George's recent fascination of little keychain sized dolls he keeps of you and Al in his trash pouch and not his keeper pouch. :yes: :yes: :grin:

:eyebrow: :eyebrow: :eyebrow: There seems to be a need for a third doll in that trash pouch :cheesysmile:

jkress
07-07-2011, 10:03 PM
Excellent job Rob! :clapping:
Nice score on the silver.

randy
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Congrats on breaking the silver slump. Might be more at that site.

MassDirtFisher
07-08-2011, 05:37 PM
Congrats on the Silver Quarter Rob!! Happy Hunting!!