PDA

View Full Version : Another Quick Hunt

bob_e99
07-07-2011, 07:53 PM
I went out after supper for a bit and managed to find another large cent which was in the thick of the woods and was a bit of work digging it. The left object is my non-descript, the second is my first large cent and the third is the one that I found tonight. Wish they had dropped a bit of silver out there.

Thanks for looking.

coinnut
07-07-2011, 07:56 PM
Nice going finding your third copper :clapping: That area has seen some old time activity. If there is silver there, hopefully it will be Seated or earlier :daydream: Congrats thumbsup01

aloldstuff
07-08-2011, 07:29 AM
Well I warned ya, now its official, your hooked. Thats great you've gotten 3 coppers so far. I agree with coinnut, if there is silver there it should be early silver.

z118
07-08-2011, 08:01 AM
Another one! Looks like you might be able to get a date off this one maybe. Makes you wonder if there is some old silver coins laying around in those woods. You will see me turn pretty green when you find it! Congrats!

MassDirtFisher
07-08-2011, 05:33 PM
Keep at that spot!! Hit it hard!! Congrats on the triple coppers!! Happy Hunting!!

bob_e99
07-09-2011, 07:33 AM
Another example of my inexperience with this or maybe my slow thinking process, I just realized that the two large cents are different :rolleyes:. One is with the young head and the other has the matron head. Also, the two coins are slightly different in size.

I really need to brush up on old coins :interesting: and look harder at what I find. I wouldn't have this problem if I found nice clean silver lol.