PDA

View Full Version : Frederick Co. Maryland

BrunswickMd
07-07-2011, 08:44 PM
Howdy - new to the hobby. Bought an ACE250 a couple of months ago. If there is anyone around who wants to mentor a newbie be it here on the forum or to meetup and do some hunting please give me a shout.

coinnut
07-07-2011, 09:10 PM
If there is anyone around who wants to mentor a newbie be it here on the forum or to meetup and do some hunting please give me a shout.

Hey neighbor lol You have hundreds and hundreds of mentors here on the forum. I know quite a few people here have, or have owned the Ace 250. Any questions just ask and someone will help you.

BrunswickMd
07-07-2011, 09:56 PM
Cool - thanks bro - will do. :groovy:

jkress
07-07-2011, 10:21 PM
Sure wish I was closer to you. :yes:
I have logged quite a few hours on the Ace 250... it's a great machine.
Any questions? Ask away :)

BrunswickMd
07-08-2011, 09:37 PM
Sure wish I was closer to you. :yes:
I have logged quite a few hours on the Ace 250... it's a great machine.
Any questions? Ask away :)

OK - here I go with a general question sir (thanks for the offer bro |:confused:)) - I'm having a hard time pinpointing - this might be a more general question but specifically with the 250 - assuming you have a clear target will it tend to be toward the front of the coil or to the rear? Any pin pointing 250 advice appreciated when you have time.

silver star
07-22-2011, 12:29 PM
Hi BrunswickMd,
I have Ace250 with stock coil and also one with 10x14 dd coil. With stock coil if targets are up to 4 inches deep then when pinpointing target should be little bit down toward you from centar of your coil. Deeper targets if coin would be same but if its junk or nail then it would be little bit on other side. Big coil is very diffrent and targets would be up away from you. Hope that helps you little bit. Wish I was close to you so we could go hunt together :yes: Best of luck and HH. Mike

scvbasteve
10-29-2012, 09:37 AM
hey there, i am not too far from you, i am in northern va. i am not an expert by any means but i am always looking for a reason to swing my arm, do you have any locations scoped out? you can email me at steve_burgan@yahoo.com maybe we can meet up and dig some holes. i work for myself so i am ready anytime.

kevdmyers
07-09-2013, 07:11 PM
Hey there,
Also new to the hobby.....looking for people and places to do some swinging. From Hagerstown let me know if you are interested.

Robbie
10-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Hey neighbor,I`ve been detecting the Anne Arundel Co. area since 3/11.Wish you where a little closer.

chief5709
10-15-2013, 01:23 PM
Beautiful area you are in! I'm in New York , but usually stay in Frederick when I visit the Fire Academy in Emmitsburg