PDA

View Full Version : Searched a Dirt Basement This Week.

milco
07-09-2011, 09:47 AM
Got invited to detect the dirt floor of a basement of a commercial building (abt 5000 sq ft) that was built about 1920. It sure was a lot of fun and dirty, the anticipation all week was worth the price of admission alone, so to speak. We dug a lot of trash, the floor was heavily iron infested. Between three of us we found one coin, 1920 wheatie.

dave in iowa
07-09-2011, 10:41 AM
If you get a chance , try an old tavern with dirt floors ive done 2 here in my town , found maybe 25 coins . old old ones , v nickle , mercs , old wheats and a few quarte
ers and indians

coinnut
07-09-2011, 10:08 PM
If you get a chance , try an old tavern with dirt floors ive done 2 here in my town , found maybe 25 coins . old old ones , v nickle , mercs , old wheats and a few quarte
ers and indians

Taverns :drool: :drool: :drool: I would love to do some here on the east coast. That place looks huge Milco lol It's tough going in all them nails. At least you got one coin. It should be in real good condition seeing as the soil is dry??

milco
07-10-2011, 07:49 PM
It should be in real good condition seeing as the soil is dry??

The basement was about 5000 sq ft I would say. It was a good thing it was really dry, it was dark and musty anyway. The ceilings were 5 1/2 ft and I wore my headlamp.

milco
07-10-2011, 07:51 PM
ers and indians

That's good advice Dave, I'll be back to any other dirt floor basements I can find. I think they have good opportunity. I know of a tavern, now you got me thinkin'!

del
07-10-2011, 07:52 PM
thats different :shocked01: but looks pretty fun :grin: did you get alot of interference with emi in there ??

milco
07-12-2011, 02:55 PM
thats different :shocked01: but looks pretty fun :grin: did you get alot of interference with emi in there ??

No EMI with my Coinmaster but it is a simple machine. My uncle's MXT has some chatter but he knows it well so it was not an issue. There was a TON of small iron every where though, that was the main challenge.

russellt
07-15-2011, 07:51 PM
ive had problems with those kinds of places and nothing really worthwhile to show for it .