PDA

View Full Version : Road Trip!

Bell-Two
07-10-2011, 05:39 AM
Road Trip With, Doug, Malachi, Diane and Tony

That is what we decided to do today take the detectors and hit the road to an old park out of town, giving our usual haunts a rest. This park has been pounded hard I was told but goodies have came from it before and we decided to pick up the gauntlet and see if we could emerge victorious from our wrestling match with this venerable park. About two steps into the park I got my first signal and it turned out to be a wheatie, well that was a good sign. It took about another half hour until Doug gave us a holler, under a big tree he came up with a 1908 Indian Head…now that is more like it. We kept trying to find a sweet spot and after about another hour Doug again hit an Indian Head this time a 1903. We were convinced though that there had to be a better spot to for the hidden goodies. Well we found it. Doug again gave a holler and as I looked over he was giving the V sign for a V Nickel and indeed it was a very nice 1904 V. I was making my line and I got a decent signal a solid 15-44 both ways with occasional jump to 15-43. I called out to Doug before I even dug it….with a bit of bravado I know “Well I got my Barber Dime!” I said that because two of the Barbers I have dug in the past gave the same reading. At 6” it sounded very good, I flipped the plug and there sticking sideways in a clump on the plug was a very sweet 1902-S Barber Dime! The 1902-S is a low mintage with compared to the other 1902’s. Doug then hit another Indian an 1888 followed by an 1890 in short order that was in decent shape. Not long after that I matched him with my own 1890 Indian that has a crusty back but the front is nice. Malachi found some clad, a decorative piece of copper and a Special Police badge. Diane found some clad and as she said “Some choice junk.” So the total was for Doug 4 wheats, 4 Indians, a first for him, and the nice V Nickel. And as for me 1 wheat, 1 Indian and the foretold Barber Dime.

Hunting With Bell-Two #53 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0yAum2tZgU#ws)

sandals
07-10-2011, 10:29 AM
very nice road trip!!!!

z118
07-10-2011, 10:33 AM
Nice digs! That barber dime would make any road trip worth it. thumbsup01

del
07-10-2011, 10:40 AM
great old finds :happydance01: , with results i cab see another returned trip to the old park.
congrats :clapping: :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
07-10-2011, 02:21 PM
Congrats on the great finds!! Love Barbers, Great job. happy Hunting!!

angellionel
07-10-2011, 08:37 PM
That is a sweet hunt. That park sure merits another hunt or two. I bet there are plenty more goodies hiding there. :yes:

aloldstuff
07-11-2011, 07:14 AM
I surley do love barbers. Congrats and keep going back.