PDA

View Full Version : got my idx

DuggeranDigger
07-10-2011, 06:20 AM
my idx arrived a couple of weeks ago we had it out several timeits awsome been taking it to our local schools an parks this machine has found more nickles than my xlt by far i only have one question depth most of these coin that i have found are new an just under the surface now the re are a lot of good beeps that i cant lock on an i hate to be passing over some thing good can you help me out on this thank you

del
07-10-2011, 11:37 AM
congrats on your new machine DuggeranDigger, the idx is a two filter machine and it will excel in trashy areas because the signal recovery is very quick . i'm not real to familiar with that particular machine so i don't know the exact tricks for more depth , only to say try adding more gain and more sensitivity while maintaining stability should give you best results . i don't know why you didn't get alot of nickles with the xlt as i had that machine for a few years and use to find alot with it and you could run up to 4 filters so it could go very deep. hope this helps some , maybe someone with that particular machine will chime in .

Dan

Dimeman
07-11-2011, 12:57 PM
my idx arrived a couple of weeks ago we had it out several timeits awsome been taking it to our local schools an parks this machine has found more nickles than my xlt by far i only have one question depth most of these coin that i have found are new an just under the surface now the re are a lot of good beeps that i cant lock on an i hate to be passing over some thing good can you help me out on this thank you

You can crank up the SENS until it starts to chatter..then back it down a little. Most of the time you will be able to go past the pre-set marking on SENS.