PDA

View Full Version : Typical old house stuff

steve in so az
07-10-2011, 03:59 PM
Got permission to detect around an old house that may be demolished. By old I mean 1920's, here that's old. Dug 43 coins of which 10 were wheats. I didn't get any silver coins which is very unusual. Most trips 7-8 wheats will average one silver. Dug 2 big live bullets also.

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/steveinsoaz/710take.jpg

The blue stone earring ( lapis lazuli stone I think ) and is stamped 925. The other ear ring is not precious metal but a very old item. The Catholic medal on the left says pray for us St Patrick 7 on the other side is a figure. The round token says good in trade for 5 cents. On the back are numbers 23015. Somewhere on the net I remember reading a post about these being a common trade token used by many. No names on it. So a good haul for 2 hours today. Steve in so az

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/steveinsoaz/710silver.jpg

MassDirtFisher
07-10-2011, 04:51 PM
Congrats on the cool finds. Happy Hunting!!

angellionel
07-10-2011, 08:35 PM
Good hits, especially the wheats and the token. thumbsup01 Some of those trade tokens can fetch some bucks.

steve in so az
07-10-2011, 09:41 PM
I'm going back and do it again at a different angle. Never have dug that many wheats without a silver or two. Steve

angellionel
07-10-2011, 09:54 PM
I'm going back and do it again at a different angle. Never have dug that many wheats without a silver or two. Steve

I bet you will pick up some silver from there. The amount of wheat cents sure does point to some silver being there as well.

jkress
07-10-2011, 10:48 PM
Looks like a very nice hunt Steve. I'd hunt all day long at a house built in the 20's. :yes:
Plenty of years for nice coin drops. You made some nice finds so far.
Your hunch is probably correct... silver is there somewhere.
Good luck on your next hunt there.

aloldstuff
07-11-2011, 07:09 AM
Great hunt. I'm in agreement about there being silver there. Dig the iffy signals.

coinnut
07-11-2011, 08:00 PM
Nice earring, and silver at that thumbsup01 So you got some silver, just not any silver coins.....yet lol I've found a couple of them tokens and mine said for amusement only They probably were made for many different vendors. Mine are no older than 1894 and more than likely in the teens or twenties. I would still have that warm and fuzzy feeling for that site, since all them wheats came out of there. I find that after they take that house down, you may find some of the ealier coins dropped. Good luck and keep picking away at that place. thumbsup01