PDA

View Full Version : Find from last month

TIM
01-15-2010, 09:35 PM
Thought this was a Boy Scout thing at first, But after some cleaning, It's an Army or Air Force medal for good conduct. There is a name on the banner below the star.
I photo shopped it out, and am on the track of finding the owner.
I included a pic of what it looked like with the ribbon attached.
I think the Air Force was bronze and the Army was brass. This appears to be bronze.
Found the owner now and have returned it. I got a hold of the son, it was his fathers who died last year. He was very grateful to get it. He's going to make a display and present it to his mother. It is from the Army. said his dad served in 2 wars..
Cool huh thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Tim

P.S. Found one for the marines about a week later, But no name on this one. Was 10 miles form the other one :confused:

coinnut
01-15-2010, 09:43 PM
Nice Medal. I don't think I've ever seen that one. Congrats on finding the owner's son. Sometimes, something that would sit in our collection unnoticed, means the world to those that owned it. I'm sure it will bring back strong, proud memories for that family and for generations to come. Nice gesture on your part thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-16-2010, 05:12 AM
cool! great job on returning it to family! thumbsup01

John M
01-16-2010, 07:45 AM
A small token of kindness that will be remembered for many years.Congrats on returning it to the family.

RickO
01-16-2010, 01:06 PM
Neat find and great job on the return effort... Congratulations... RickO

del
01-16-2010, 05:48 PM
thats a great find Tim and to locate the rightful owners of it will mean alot for the family and makes you an honest man and great ambassador for the hobby sir , thanks . thumbsup01

Krom
01-17-2010, 12:46 AM
Whoa... very neat, Tim!
And a big congrats and back pat for returning it. I'm positive that was very much appreciated!
That's one that they didn't wanna give me. lol
Not that I didn't earn one ('cause I did)... jus' that I wasn't the model soldier that they tried to make me. :grin:
Awesome dig! thumbsup01