PDA

View Full Version : 98, 99...

jkress
07-14-2011, 07:49 PM
and number 100th silver coin for the year. :happydance01:

Had a productive hunt tonight. Seeing silver again was a welcome sight. I went out with Dave last Friday and it was slim pickins. We both struggled to pocket the few wheats we had. Tonight's hunt went much better.

Last year my 100th silver was a Roosevelt I found at the end of November. This year a 1942 Merc took
home the top prize. Maybe next year it will be a Barber. :confused: lol
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-106.jpg

This ring was about 6 inches down and I really thought I had located coin #100.
Fortunately about ten feet later the Merc was yelling dig me!
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-107.jpg

coinnut
07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
Great looking ring and congratulations on hitting my goal of 100 silvers rofl Now I can give up lol Great hunt and still a lot of time to boost that silver count even higher. :clapping:

angellionel
07-14-2011, 08:12 PM
Congrats on hitting 100, Joe! :clapping: It is getting harder and harder to find places where there may be opportunities for silver coins, but they are out there. You will end up having a great year. :peace:

dave in iowa
07-14-2011, 08:36 PM
congrats Joe on 100, i got one tonight , got me to 85 , next week is gonna be a hot one ...... :-> Hot enough to pop corn lol

Epi-hunter
07-14-2011, 08:46 PM
Congratulations Joe!!! :clapping:

I just love the way coppers come out of the Iowa soil. :smitten: The IH's and the one large cent I found in eastern Iowa were in beautiful condition too. Very nice IH!!!

Tony Two-Cent
07-14-2011, 08:52 PM
I just love the way coppers come out of the Iowa soil.

I agree! What a gorgeous color of green.

Congrats on silver #100! That's truly awesome! I've been stuck at 24 forever it seems!

Nice ring too! :clapping:

milco
07-14-2011, 09:06 PM
Big congrats to you on 100 Joe! You've found some great spots this year!

MassDirtFisher
07-14-2011, 09:19 PM
Congrats on a sweet hunt and your 100th silver!! Happy Hunting!!

jkress
07-14-2011, 09:55 PM
Great hunt and still a lot of time to boost that silver count even higher. :clapping:

Thanks George. Now that 100 is behind me, I plan on targeting some low quantity, high quality sites now. The type of places that one good find is all it takes for the day. :daydream:

Congrats on hitting 100, Joe!

Thank you Angel. Allowing me to pick your brain has been a tremendous help this year. Your hunts let us all know how much silver is still out there.

next week is gonna be a hot one ...... :-> Hot enough to pop corn lol

Thanks Dave. Yep... it's about ready to get hot in here. :stretcher: After looking at the forecast today, I decided to get out for a bit tonight.

I just love the way coppers come out of the Iowa soil. :smitten:

Thank you Angie. As you already know, we definitely have some nice soil here in Iowa. I'd sure love to see you back here someday digging holes with me. :yes:

I've been stuck at 24 forever it seems!
Nice ring too! :clapping:

Thanks Tony. I was definitely stuck for a while too. After the first hour today I started wondering if my machine was working properly. :confused:
It had been so long since I heard a silver signal. I even pulled the coil cover off and cleaned it while in the field. lol Then that familiar sound
finally sang from my headphones. By the way... I'm still pulling for you on a 2 Center. :yes: :->

Big congrats to you on 100 Joe! You've found some great spots this year!

Thanks a bunch Darren. Still an open invitation out there for you to come down here when you get some free time. :yes: Maybe this fall?

Congrats on a sweet hunt and your 100th silver!! Happy Hunting!!

Thank you. Who knows what 101 will be? :confused: :)

PL8MAN
07-14-2011, 10:21 PM
Sweet finds :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
07-15-2011, 09:13 AM
Huge congrats to you on the 100th silver. Where to do ya think the total for the year is gonna be??

trout-hunter
07-15-2011, 02:23 PM
You are on a roll!!! keep it up. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

russellt
07-15-2011, 08:04 PM
100 silvers on the year is amazing .. ive got 2 :blackeye:

mike l
07-15-2011, 08:15 PM
I'm looking for my 10th for the year |:confused:)

Tony Two-Cent
07-15-2011, 09:47 PM
Thanks Tony. I was definitely stuck for a while too. After the first hour today I started wondering if my machine was working properly. :confused:
It had been so long since I heard a silver signal. I even pulled the coil cover off and cleaned it while in the field. lol Then that familiar sound
finally sang from my headphones. By the way... I'm still pulling for you on a 2 Center. :yes: :->

And just like that, I found a 1952-D Rosie during my hunt after work today, so my silver slump has ended! I still have a long way to go before I get to 100 for the year though!

Now for that two-center! :grin:

jkress
07-15-2011, 10:09 PM
Thank you everyone... I appreciate it. :)

Where to do ya think the total for the year is gonna be??

My silver count is probably going to start slowing down. I plan on going after some older coins and relics now.
Plus... sooner or later I am going to try and find a solid gold ring. Which will require digging lots and lots of 'those' signals.

And just like that, I found a 1952-D Rosie during my hunt after work today, so my silver slump has ended!

NICE!!