PDA

View Full Version : Very Old Street Tear Out - 3 Wheats

milco
07-14-2011, 10:10 PM
So I mentioned that I stumbled upon two construction sites last night. I had to make an emergency trip up to a small town called Ripon, Wisconsin. Just about when I was ready to leave town I notice construction barracades out of th corner of my eye. I turn around and quickly realize that they have 6 blocks of the oldest street in this town torn up...Ransom St. This street was part of the original military road that came in on the south side of down. There are many homes that date to the 1850's and 1860's on these blocks. My heart was pounding and I grabbed my detector. I only had a little over an hour so I went fast and I am sure I missed some things, but I was thinking IH, LC's, seated...... Of course none of those were to present themselve under my coil. I managed three wheaties and some interesting misc items. My favorite is the decorative iron fence piece, this was found in front of a house with a plaque stating it was built in 1856.

jkress
07-14-2011, 10:16 PM
Yep... been waiting for this follow up. :-> Very exciting. Sometimes the thrill of the chase is as good as the hunt.
Playing the odds, you are going to hit the mother load sooner or later on these opportunistic hunts.
Congrats on the hunt and a bunch of nice keepers. :clapping:

aloldstuff
07-15-2011, 09:15 AM
Looks like a really great spot to detect. Keep on going back the really good stuff is waiting for you. Congrats on the wheats

milco
07-15-2011, 04:11 PM
Looks like a really great spot to detect.
Unfortunately, it's 75 miles one way and I won't be up that way again before they're done! :crying02:

randy
07-15-2011, 04:53 PM
Unfortunately, it's 75 miles one way and I won't be up that way again before they're done! :crying02:

Too bad. That site looks soooo sweet. Congrats on seizing the opportunity; you deserved a better fate.

russellt
07-15-2011, 07:58 PM
thats not bad . 3 wheaties would make my day

Lowjiber
07-16-2011, 06:33 AM
Nice hunt. thumbsup01

Thanks for the pics too.