PDA

View Full Version : E-Trac .... My Biggest Concern

fsa46
07-15-2011, 06:08 AM
I am really getting serious about purchasing an E-Trac. However, my biggest concern is customer service. Everything I have read, stated that it is almost non existent.

After spending this kind of money it would be nice to know you have somewhere to turn in the event of a problem. What are you guys/ gals doing in the event of a problem ?

coinnut
07-15-2011, 12:06 PM
I am really getting serious about purchasing an E-Trac. However, my biggest concern is customer service. Everything I have read, stated that it is almost non existent.

After spending this kind of money it would be nice to know you have somewhere to turn in the event of a problem. What are you guys/ gals doing in the event of a problem ?

Minelab is definitely improving it customer service lately. It was, let's say lacking lol They are now even offering transferable warrantee now, and have improved service a lot. A good local dealer is a must and can do wonders being the inbetween guy. I have used a good dealer recently, even though I bought the machine new, through a large warehouse. Had I know about this dealer, I would have bought from him exclusively. Also, I believe they are now ISO certified, so quality is more uniform. Just some things I have learned about Minelab lately.

Bell-Two
07-20-2011, 08:50 AM
Minelab will now have a new USA Distributor. They will sell the detectors to the dealers which will free up Minelab itself to dedicate itself to servicing and warranty issues. A positive step.