PDA

View Full Version : Coiltek WOT 15 DD anyone use it with the etrac?

MercMan
07-15-2011, 08:43 AM
I am interested in a bigger/deeper coil for relic hunting.

Anyone try this coil out on the etrac yet?

coinnut
07-15-2011, 12:12 PM
I have not tried it yet. I would imagine it would be great for the beach, as it could cover much more ground, which is what is needed at a beach. As for relic hunting, it would probably work in the open spaces, but would not be my first choice for the iron infested areas. Hopefully someone has some hands on experiences with it. I have tried the 12 x 15 SEF coil which would be a close comparison. The SEF stability along with the sensitivity to small objects, really got me :shocked04: I sold it like an idiot and regret it now :rolleyes: I believe they also make a 15x18 too. It is a bit heavy though lol

MercMan
07-15-2011, 12:34 PM
The SEF coils do look heavy. The WOT looks to be lighter in comparison.

The_Machine
10-13-2011, 07:36 PM
I tried the 15” WOT on an E-Trac the other day at the local beach. The first thing I noticed from using the factory coil is that curly Q cable is a little larger than the factory cable. And a little effort is needed to get the cable through the shaft.
Next the 15” WOT coil runs a lot quieter; I like to hear the low hum of the threshold. Checking my setting on the headset and E-Trac, the setting and volume were all normal or as if I was using the stock coil for beach settings. The coil did take a little time to get use to. I wanted to pick up the walking pace, but reminded myself the purpose of this coil was to get better coverage, and not cover the area faster. I hit the usual entry points for clad and other lost articles. But the targets were few and far between. My son, who was detecting with me, said there must have been someone here recently detecting.
I was getting a little concerned with the lack of targets, shallow or deep. Then the days hunt changed with the bright sound of a silver ring followed by some clad coinage. But none of theses targets were buried deep in the sand. The rest of the day was the same as it started. Slow.
My arm was a little more tired than normal. But that might have been from trying harder to swing the coil flat and control it near some of the vegetation at the beach. There was very little differences in weight between the 15” WOT and the factory coil.
A trip out to the field is next.