PDA

View Full Version : New site shows promise

jkress
07-15-2011, 09:22 PM
Got a call late this afternoon regarding a site I was seeking permission to hunt. Received the go ahead and since the site is a few blocks from my
house I put in a quick hour test drive after dinner tonight.
Ended up talking with someone for a while before I got too it which resulted in only 30 minutes left to hunt. :dontknow:

Very nice rich black soil I was digging into. Hopefully there are some early IH's or even an LC hiding there. The soil will
be very kind to them. These wheats required no more cleaning than a quick wipe on my pant leg.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-108.jpg

Hopefully I can get out tomorrow morning before the heat arrives.

pulltabsteve
07-15-2011, 09:26 PM
Good luck on the new site Joe! That dirt sure is nice to the coins. I predict a nice old LC in near mint condition ;) Along with a neat old pulltab :yes:

milco
07-15-2011, 10:33 PM
Is that eight wheats I count in a half hour...very nice! Congrats tomorrow, I'll be waiting for the post, I predict barber silver and tokens, seems like you always find some neat tokens, Good luck!

angellionel
07-15-2011, 11:04 PM
The wheat cents held up nicely. It sure looks like the site will be yielding some older coins. :yes:

catskillcomics
07-16-2011, 05:17 AM
Yep, I agree, if there wheaties, there's bound to be silver... good Luck, we wait for your next post on this spot!

leslie(nova scotia)
07-16-2011, 06:12 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....with all those wheaties I'm sure some silver will pop out there. <;)

Tony Two-Cent
07-16-2011, 08:11 AM
Wow, those wheat cents came out of the ground looking great! What is the date range on them? I love digging in rich, black soil. It's especially nice when you see the gleam of silver in that black!

I can't wait to see what you find there next!

dave in iowa
07-16-2011, 08:44 PM
sounds like a good spot Joe.... great finds

coinnut
07-16-2011, 09:53 PM
I wish all dug coins looked like them wheats :yes: What a collection we could all have. :daydream: Nice, and hopefully many more to come.

randy
07-17-2011, 08:27 PM
Wow, that is a sweet looking site. I'm jealous :barf: (you should see the yet another abused copper I dug from the ultra acidic Chester County soil today). Good luck getting some silver and sweet looking coppers from that site.

aloldstuff
07-18-2011, 10:44 AM
Those wheats are really nice