PDA

View Full Version : Wood Hunters

bob_e99
07-15-2011, 10:37 PM
Is anyone out there as amazed as I am by the fact that no matter how far you go out in the woods, you can always manage to dig up crap?

I guess in a way that's good as you hope that if they're throwing out crap, hopefully there's a chance that they're dropping change.

fsa46
07-16-2011, 05:24 AM
You're not alone, I couldn't agree more.... :shocked04:

coinnut
07-16-2011, 09:45 PM
Yep, people have and always will, make more stuff than they really need. Then they throw it out lol Then we find it :crying02:

milco
07-17-2011, 07:34 PM
Yup, no matter where you go way out in the woods or where ever you can find stuff in the dirt, isn't it great!

bob_e99
07-18-2011, 06:20 AM
Yup, no matter where you go way out in the woods or where ever you can find stuff in the dirt, isn't it great!

Would be better if it wasn't nip bottles, pop tops, nails, metal end of shotgun shells, old rusted cans, etc., etc., etc.
Seriously, how does a small aluminum capacitor end up in the middle of woods? One sort of interesting find was an old horse shoe that didn't have an open end but I'm sure others who have been doing this longer have way more interesting finds. It just amazes me that there doesn't seem to be a piece of land that someone hasn't walked over.

coinnut
07-18-2011, 10:06 AM
One sort of interesting find was an old horse shoe that didn't have an open end

I'm not a horse guy but I think they were used in muddy areas for better traction.

bob_e99
07-18-2011, 11:39 AM
I'm not a horse guy but I think they were used in muddy areas for better traction.

Thank you for that information. Part of metal detecting is learning about these old artifacts which I find fascinating and at times more enjoyable than just digging clad coins.