PDA

View Full Version : New site still showing promise

jkress
07-16-2011, 06:11 PM
After a quick trip to Farmer's Market (sweet corn <: ) this morning I resumed my hunt at a site I first stepped on last night.
The humidity and absolute lack of any breeze sent me packing after about 90 minutes. :stretcher:

More wheats (1920's - 40's) came out very willingly. However the ground was a bit stingy giving up the silver. One Merc
found it's way into my pocket though.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-109.jpg

Also recovered a couple of relics. I'm very happy with this pin. The stone is quite brilliant. I have no idea of the date on
the buckle. So if anyone has a thought, I'd certainly like to hear about it.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-110.jpg

I'm looking forward to a return trip after this heat and humidity breaks. This week we are forecasted to be in the mid 90's. crying01

milco
07-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Great finds Joe! It must be exciting heading to a new site like that and have it producing so much! Bet you'll be there at 6am tomorrow? I would! I know what you mean on the heat. I was out in the woods with jeans and long sleeves doused in bug repellent for over two hours today, what was I thinking! I'll be posting my finds soon. Congrats again and good luck on future visits! :clapping:

MassDirtFisher
07-16-2011, 07:08 PM
Congrats on the sweet finds. Any hunt that produces like that needs to be continued. Best of luck, and Happy Hunting!!

jkress
07-16-2011, 10:05 PM
Bet you'll be there at 6am tomorrow?

Absolutely not... it's suppose to be even hotter. Definitely not... probably not... I doubt it... maybe... :thinkingabout: ... lol You know how it goes. :rolleyes:

I was out in the woods with jeans and long sleeves doused in bug repellent for over two hours today

Yikes... I am assuming your weather today was just about the same. Looking forward to your post. :->

Any hunt that produces like that needs to be continued.

Most definitely. I just need to hear in between and below the surface coins at this place.

coinnut
07-16-2011, 10:12 PM
Hey, you struck silver at that place :clapping: Nice thumbsup01 Them &quot:grin: buckles are impossible to date. They can be from any age. We get a lot from the mid 1800's and they are probably still being used today lol There were quite a few of them on a horse >:/ They are scrap brass for me lol

jkress
07-16-2011, 10:48 PM
They can be from any age.

Yeah, that's what I kind of thought. Sometimes you guys pull them out and identify them as 1800's and I wondered what tips you off. I've pulled several this year and just assume they are not old. The one I found could be from the 1980's for all I know. lol

tanacat
07-16-2011, 10:54 PM
Wow that stone is really neat- is it amber??

Congrats on a great hunt Joe!

aloldstuff
07-18-2011, 11:41 AM
Okay I'll by that site from you, congrats on all your finds

Tony Two-Cent
07-18-2011, 11:54 AM
Congrats on the sweet corn!

(And the sweet finds! thumbsup01)