PDA

View Full Version : I have a ?

BenjyH_2009
01-16-2010, 12:49 AM
you guys of course now how nickle/quarters and such lose their silver color, does anyone here know how to make the silver color come back:huh:thinkingabout:? Just wonderin because i have a lepord print 50 cent and a red Ike

wheresthegoodstuff
01-16-2010, 01:18 AM
For clad a tumbler works great. Just be sure to keep your pennies seperate

BenjyH_2009
01-16-2010, 01:59 AM
i see you made youre way over here to:huh: lol, well i guess its good that i like rocks when i was younger so that i have a rock tumble lol :cheesysmile:

RickO
01-16-2010, 01:09 PM
If it is silver, try this... make a solution of baking soda and water ( a cup and a half or so), put a sheet of aluminum foil in a glass baking dish... pour in the solution then put the silver in on top of the aluminum. Will clean tarnish up in minutes. RickO

sectshun8
02-06-2010, 06:06 AM
Hey Rick I think he's referring to clad... cuz I've never seen a silver dime turn red ;) As for your question... not much helps it. Even when tumbling, a red dime will still come out red... however a clean red :grin: It's the same for clad quarters and nickels... if they are badly stained... usually tumbling doesn't help that much.

coinnut
02-06-2010, 04:17 PM
you guys of course now how nickle/quarters and such lose their silver color, does anyone here know how to make the silver color come back:huh:thinkingabout:? Just wonderin because i have a lepord print 50 cent and a red Ike

There are a couple of ways to clean them. Tumbling can work with the proper media. Some of mine still remained red though. But a quick spin on a brass wire wheel and they should clean up. You can also try buffing compound on a wheel also, but remember both those methods are for common - no collector value, coins. Never do the good ones that way.