PDA

View Full Version : Hot, dry, dusty weekend

z118
07-17-2011, 08:52 PM
Amid the Spanish silver, seated coins, dimes, trimes, sublimes, etc being posted on the forum, here's my pile of boring old (er, boring new) modern clad for your consideration. lol

I hit my new sweet spot on Friday evening, but came away with just a few wheats. I decided to give it a break over the weekend. After the rainiest spring on record we now have not seen a drop in months. Dirt hunting is not an option; grass everywhere is brown and crunchy and digging would require explosives or heavy equipment at least. So I figured I'd have a tot lot weekend. Sadly, the tot lots were not very productive. I dug 161 coins total which sounds good but if you knew how many places I hunted and how many miles I drove to get to all of them you might think otherwise. The one find that made everything right was a 1960 Rosie which turned up in a tot lot. Tot lot silver is pretty unusual for me; needless to say I was pleased to find it. And I won't lie, in spite of the slow digs I had fun anyway. Next Saturday I head out to good old New England for a weeks vacation at the beach... I can not wait to hit the sand! It's going to be a long week at work thinking about it.

Happy hunting...

angellionel
07-17-2011, 09:08 PM
You found silver, so it's all good. :clapping: And the clad is nothing to sneeze at. I bet you will have one sweet pile of it by the end of the year. :drool:

aloldstuff
07-18-2011, 10:43 AM
very nice silver and a huge clad haul, congrats

coinnut
07-18-2011, 10:21 PM
You got silver, a wheat and a nice bunch of clad. Not bad for tot lots lol You are entering our neck of the woods this weekend?? Let us know if you venture out anywhere near western MA or CT.

jkress
07-18-2011, 10:53 PM
Congrats Z. I 1960 Rosie would make the world right for me too. :clapping:

milco
07-19-2011, 07:59 AM
You are the tot lot master, great finds!

wingmaster
07-19-2011, 01:41 PM
Congrats on the rosie.

leslie(nova scotia)
07-21-2011, 10:29 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....congrats on the quota and a silver. man you dug everything but the sink in the galley you! <;)

bob_e99
07-22-2011, 08:04 AM
... Next Saturday I head out to good old New England for a weeks vacation at the beach... I can not wait to hit the sand! It's going to be a long week at work thinking about it.

Happy hunting...

Yup! And I get to try the E-trac while he uses the Sovereign on the beach. <:

Good hunt .... and I'm still impressed with number of coins you find. I feel good when I find a dozen <: and I can't even tell you how good a silver makes me feel. :happydance01: happydance02