PDA

View Full Version : Tumbler distress

aloldstuff
07-18-2011, 01:55 PM
I have a small tumble which has a rubber tub. It seems the belt keeps slipping off the pulleys. Does anyone have a solution to fix this problem?

Thanks in advance

del
07-18-2011, 07:51 PM
:thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: i'm going to guess a couple of rubberbands might do the trick , but a picture of the problem might be in order Al. :grin:

aloldstuff
07-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Rubber bands sounds great. As far a picture I can post one but of what. The belt off the two pulleys?? Thanks for the advise Del, I'll try the rubber bands.

coinnut
07-19-2011, 12:41 PM
I think he was trying to see if the pulleys are movable or fixed? If they are not able to be adjusted to tighten the slack, then the the belt has probably stretched out. You could add a lot tape around the pulleys to make them wider at that point so the belt will fit better or just find the manufacturer and get a new belt. I think the rubber bands will only work for a short while and stretch out or break. Hope this helps Al. :dontknow:

aloldstuff
07-19-2011, 01:21 PM
Coinnut thanks for the response. Do you think if I put the belt on and then put rubber bands over it would solve the trick?

coinnut
07-19-2011, 09:29 PM
Coinnut thanks for the response. Do you think if I put the belt on and then put rubber bands over it would solve the trick?

I'm not sure :dontknow: I think it may work for a bit, but most rubber bands are cheap lol You should be able to Google that tumbler and get a new belt for it. Tumblers need to be in good shape since they can run for many hours and are usually unattended. But give it a whirl. If it doesn't work, you are only out a couple of rubber bands lol

RobW
07-20-2011, 08:18 AM
I don't know Al, your world seems to be falling apart...you're V3i, then your tumbler.....then your V3i AGAIN....don't touch my stuff, it might be contaigous

aloldstuff
07-20-2011, 08:42 AM
I don't know Al, your world seems to be falling apart...you're V3i, then your tumbler.....then your V3i AGAIN....don't touch my stuff, it might be contaigous

Don't worry, you seem quite capable of breaking your own stuff so my help is not needed. Seeing that I have my backup(Prizm IV), I'll try to keep up with you. But beware when the new v3i arrives :boxing: