PDA

View Full Version : 1853 Trime - Unbroken This Time

angellionel
07-18-2011, 08:29 PM
A hunt late in the day netted me another 1853 three cent silver piece (trime), and this time it remained whole, unlike the one I picked up yesterday. :happydance01: Still, the little coin sure took a beating while holding out in that soil. :shocked01: But she is mine now and will be taken care of. :smitten:

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/July/1853_trime_obverse_071811.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/July/1853_trime_reverse_071811.jpg

There were other finds too - a tiny flower thingy, two old religious pendants, two wheat cents, part of a skeleton key, a broken old cufflink, and part of a old pewter spoon.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/July/variousfinds_071811.jpg

It was a short but fun hunt. :happydance01:

silver star
07-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Great find Angel :clapping: Still looking for my first 3-cent piece. Big congrats on your finds. HH Mike

Ill Digger
07-18-2011, 08:46 PM
:envious: 8/ You gotta be kiddin' me :shocked01: Another one :poke: :drool:
I wanna find one of those babies sooo bad I can almost taste it :drool: :daydream: :drool:
I've been curious :thinkingabout: How do these 3 centers ring up on the ET? My buddy Earl found one with his V3 and he said he would've bet money he was digging up a zinclon :dontknow: Are the E tracs about the same? Around 35 -39 Co? :confused:
Great find!
Congrats :grin:

milco
07-18-2011, 09:10 PM
Two trimes in as many days! Crazy congrats to you, outstanding! Did you go back and check your hole from the broken one to find this one? lol Great finds, that coin is on most MDers bucket list. :perfect10:

Tony Two-Cent
07-18-2011, 09:11 PM
When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant that you had glued the other one back together.

But no, you found another one! lol

What are the odds? Very cool, Angel! :clapping:

And hey look, we're twins on the Evangelical pin. (Almost, mine is Reformed.) I found mine a couple of months ago.

http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb174/dubbl-t/Metal%20Detecting/Evangelical-Pins.jpg

BOWSER
07-18-2011, 09:56 PM
I got mine in Abington,your turn :drool: :drool:

coinnut
07-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Man them trimes are tiny lol Didn't realize that the early years are only 75% silver and 25% copper. That high a copper ratio didn't help that one stay nice :crying02: But it is a great find considering you just found one lol Nice little hunt for sure. :yes:

jkress
07-18-2011, 10:51 PM
Nice!! Let me guess... you woke up this morning and said, I think I'll go out and find a better one today. lol
Congrats Angel, glad you were able to find a complete one. :clapping: |:confused:)

angellionel
07-18-2011, 10:59 PM
Great find Angel :clapping: Still looking for my first 3-cent piece. Big congrats on your finds. HH Mike

Thanks, Mike! :beerbuddy:

:envious: 8/ You gotta be kiddin' me :shocked01: Another one :poke: :drool:
I wanna find one of those babies sooo bad I can almost taste it :drool: :daydream: :drool:
I've been curious :thinkingabout: How do these 3 centers ring up on the ET? My buddy Earl found one with his V3 and he said he would've bet money he was digging up a zinclon :dontknow: Are the E tracs about the same? Around 35 -39 Co? :confused:
Great find!
Congrats :grin:

They do make for a sweet find. :smitten: On the E-TRAC the earlier years (1851-1853) will tend to hit at about 25 (silver content is only 75%). The later years (1854-1873), with a 90% silver content, will hit at about 30 (could be slightly less or more depending on wear). Those numbers are lower than what zincolns come in at though.

Two trimes in as many days! Crazy congrats to you, outstanding! Did you go back and check your hole from the broken one to find this one? lol Great finds, that coin is on most MDers bucket list. :perfect10:

This one came from another part of the small park, but checking the hole where I found the first one may not be a bad idea. lol Thanks milco! thumbsup01

When I saw the title of this thread I thought you meant that you had glued the other one back together.

But no, you found another one! lol

What are the odds? Very cool, Angel! :clapping:

And hey look, we're twins on the Evangelical pin. (Almost, mine is Reformed.) I found mine a couple of months ago.

Ah! lol I was hoping for another Trime when I came across a Co of 25. What a surprise to see that it was. :happydance01:

Those pins are nearly identical! They must be from the same period. :yes:

I got mine in Abington,your turn :drool: :drool:

That's a nice one Bowser!

Abington, here I come! :happydance01: lol

Man them trimes are tiny lol Didn't realize that the early years are only 75% silver and 25% copper. That high a copper ratio didn't help that one stay nice :crying02: But it is a great find considering you just found one lol Nice little hunt for sure. :yes:

They sure are small. :shocked01: The earlier ones do tend to take a beating, but they are still very fun to find. :yes:

Nice!! Let me guess... you woke up this morning and said, I think I'll go out and find a better one today. lol
Congrats Angel, glad you were able to find a complete one. :clapping: |:confused:)

That's fairly accurate actually. rofl I went back to that park late in the day to concentrate on those lower tones, hoping to pick up another Trime. I even told John (midas), after finding the above one, that I was going for another. rofl I didn't of course, but it was still fun trying. :yes:

fsa46
07-19-2011, 05:24 AM
:omg: Unbelievable, simply unbelievable....&quot:grin:aVacMan strikes again. :perfect10:

Anybody that hunts in these adverse conditions deserves all the rewards he can find. :clapping:

aloldstuff
07-19-2011, 07:10 AM
Alright Angel, I can't even find one and you get two(or parts of) in two days. Congrats on some excellent hunting.

randy
07-19-2011, 07:25 AM
Another nice find Angel. I bet you like this one better than the last one :smitten:

As for where they ring up, mine came in in the CO 33-35 ballpark. Real trashy site, so it is likely the number was mucked up by some nearby trash (I'm seeming to notice that this happens more with recovery deep on and close targets -- the numbers can tend to blend or average sometime).

rsarge1
07-19-2011, 09:45 AM
:omg: sweet wtg still not in too bad a shape awesome find :perfect10:

wingmaster
07-19-2011, 01:40 PM
Awesome find congrats, still waiting for one of those.

RobW
07-20-2011, 08:13 AM
I love reading your posts. They inspire me and educate me. thumbsup01 Makes me think about all the things I have probably missed because I didn't dig thoise lower numbers 8/

tanacat
07-20-2011, 08:43 AM
I love reading your posts. They inspire me and educate me. thumbsup01

Totally agree- inspirational finds. I like his shallow water detecting threads, would like to try it out sometime. Old picnic groves and swimmin' holes...

Cheap Thrills
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
There are now three sure things in life.......
1. Death
2.Taxes
3. Angel finding silver

Nice going Angel . thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
07-20-2011, 07:52 PM
No problem-o, break one, just find another... :peace: happydance02 |:confused:) :white:usaflag:: :white:usaflag::