PDA

View Full Version : Trime and Other Park Silver

Epi-hunter
07-19-2011, 10:45 PM
I have been very bad about posting finds lately. 8/ These coins came from two after-work hunts this spring at a nearby public park. The trashy areas paid off :happydance01: and this is where I found most of the mercs, as well as on the outskirts of the park, which is where I found the trime too. My first trime, and it came out nice, although somewhat worn :yes: It is an 1853. I can't believe how small and paper-thin these coins are. You can see how small compared to the other coins, in the front of the first photo.

I also found a 1903 V nickel, nine mercs, a war nickel, a rosie, and a Washington quarter.

Recently I have been hitting a private property which has turned out to be very fruitful, so I have some more which I will post later. For now I have taken a break there, as it is too brutally hot and I'm afraid of leaving brown plugs all over the yard. :shocked04:stretcher:

Hope everyone is staying cool! HH,

Angie

http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/Coins1-1-1-1.png http://i217.photobucket.com/albums/cc224/epi-hunter/trime2-1-1.png

fsa46
07-20-2011, 05:45 AM
Outstanding ! :perfect10:
Looking forward to pics from the new spot. You're definitly having some fun when you get out. :happydance01:

I thought we were going to have to form a search party and go looking for you, you've been MIA so some time. :dontknow:

Tony Two-Cent
07-20-2011, 06:00 AM
Very glad to see a post from you, Angie! I hope all is well with you. It looks like you have been finding some great coins, I love that 3-cent silver piece! At least you didn't break it in half! lol

I know what you mean about the heat. I have taken a break from detecting for the same reason, don't want to leave dead, brown plugs. I can't wait to see what you found on the private property.

JTGOLD
07-20-2011, 07:13 AM
very nice finds Angie,there got to be more there go get um.

tanacat
07-20-2011, 07:32 AM
:clapping: Way to go Angie!!! Your one day of silver is about what I've found ALL Year! In fact, exact count on the mercs- 9 mercs in one day?! Oh, I see two days...

Love the diversity of your silver finds. :happydance01: The trime is gorgeous, I don't think I've ever seen one posted on here. Hope you get out again soon.

aloldstuff
07-20-2011, 08:21 AM
Excellent hunting, can't wait to see the fruit of that private yard. Congrats

wingmaster
07-20-2011, 08:53 AM
Great bunch of silver and the trime is awesome, congrats. I still need a trime one of these days.

coinnut
07-20-2011, 08:57 AM
I see you've been busy digging silver :thinkingabout: lol Nice collection of shiney stuff and congrats on that trime :happydance01: Private property can be nice hunting grounds as well as those trashy park areas. I used to aviod trashy areas, now I seek them out :drool: :drool: :drool: Nice hunts Angie thumbsup01

Hook
07-20-2011, 09:50 AM
if i had just looked at the pics, i would have thought it was Angels post. You have gotten in tune with your e-trac. good job!!! love seeing that silver

jkress
07-20-2011, 10:45 AM
Excellent job Angie! The Trime is a fantastic find. <:
If you are pulling these coins from parks... I can only imagine what you
have been getting from the private property. :-> :grin:
I hope you get some rain and cooler temps so you can resume your hunting your new site.

Cheap Thrills
07-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Nice going Angie it's good to see you got out . Congrats on your first Trime and all your other silver . thumbsup01

angellionel
07-20-2011, 11:08 AM
It's about time you posted those finds. :poke: lol Excellent hunts, Angie! :clapping: You are doing quite well at those trashy sites. :smitten: The private property will be yielding some fantastic finds too. :happydance01:

Epi-hunter
07-20-2011, 11:55 AM
Outstanding ! :perfect10:
Looking forward to pics from the new spot. You're definitly having some fun when you get out. :happydance01:

I thought we were going to have to form a search party and go looking for you, you've been MIA so some time. :dontknow:

lol Thank you lol I didn't go far... it's been a busy spring and summer, and I have just been popping in and out :cheesysmile:

Very glad to see a post from you, Angie! I hope all is well with you. It looks like you have been finding some great coins, I love that 3-cent silver piece! At least you didn't break it in half! lol

I know what you mean about the heat. I have taken a break from detecting for the same reason, don't want to leave dead, brown plugs. I can't wait to see what you found on the private property.

Thanks Tony :) That coin would be very easy to snap in half :shocked01: I couldn't believe how thin it was, even more so than the half-dime. The other side of the coin is more worn than the side shown :yes: I am looking forward to getting back on the private property as there are about four or five acres (it's a home that used to be hundreds of acres, now on just a few acres) and it is all producing nicely :happydance01:

very nice finds Angie,there got to be more there go get um.

Thanks JT! I do intend to go back there. Actually the last time I was back there I found no silver, just wheats :cheesysmile:

:clapping: Way to go Angie!!! Your one day of silver is about what I've found ALL Year! In fact, exact count on the mercs- 9 mercs in one day?! Oh, I see two days...

Love the diversity of your silver finds. :happydance01: The trime is gorgeous, I don't think I've ever seen one posted on here. Hope you get out again soon.

Hey Tana, thanks! I think you know what park I was at. :) No, I didn't find all 9 mercs in the same day :shocked01: but it was a good couple of trips this spring. :)

Excellent hunting, can't wait to see the fruit of that private yard. Congrats

Thank you! I am still in disbelief over some of the stuff I'm digging at the old estate in the country. I never really focused on private property before, but that is going to change now lol

Epi-hunter
07-20-2011, 12:04 PM
Great bunch of silver and the trime is awesome, congrats. I still need a trime one of these days.

Thank you! They are fun to find :yes: Good thing I have an in-line probe or it would still be there lol

I see you've been busy digging silver :thinkingabout: lol Nice collection of shiney stuff and congrats on that trime :happydance01: Private property can be nice hunting grounds as well as those trashy park areas. I used to aviod trashy areas, now I seek them out :drool: :drool: :drool: Nice hunts Angie thumbsup01

Yes, I have to keep up with you lol You are the detecting maniac. lol I'm still looking for a large cent! I too love the trashy areas now with my E-Trac :smitten:

if i had just looked at the pics, i would have thought it was Angels post. You have gotten in tune with your e-trac. good job!!! love seeing that silver

Thank you Hook! I do feel more in tune with my E-Trac. I have learned a lot from everyone here. :yes: Now if I can just figure out the v3i.... :crying02:

Excellent job Angie! The Trime is a fantastic find. <: If you are pulling these coins from parks... I can only imagine what you have been getting from the private property. :-> :grin:
I hope you get some rain and cooler temps so you can resume your hunting your new site.

Thanks Joe :yes: This new place has been a lot of fun, but I love parks and the challenge they provide. They have taught me a lot about my machine. :) It actually has been raining here off and on; it's just the heat and humidity that's killing everyone :shocked04: I know you are dealing with the same there.

Nice going Angie it's good to see you got out . Congrats on your first Trime and all your other silver . thumbsup01

Thank you! :)

It's about time you posted those finds. :poke: lol Excellent hunts, Angie! :clapping: You are doing quite well at those trashy sites. :smitten: The private property will be yielding some fantastic finds too. :happydance01:

It took me awhile to post them. :cheesysmile: But after all that incessant whining from the staff, I finally had to lol Thank you :)

tanacat
07-20-2011, 01:04 PM
That's too cool you and Angel both found 1853 trimes this year! Yours looks a little better- if we're gonna get competitive ;)

pulltabsteve
07-20-2011, 01:57 PM
ANGIE!!!!!!! Nice Trime happydance02 :peace: :clapping: |:confused:) Glad to see you posted it. I'll tell you what, I'll trade you an ex banner Silver Cob for it? :grin: Beautiful bunch of silver you got there. I vote BANNER! Well, if I could, I would... :perfect10:

Epi-hunter
07-20-2011, 02:32 PM
That's too cool you and Angel both found 1853 trimes this year! Yours looks a little better- if we're gonna get competitive ;)

The ground here is a lot like it was in Iowa. The coins (especially coppers) come out very nice :yes:

ANGIE!!!!!!! Nice Trime happydance02 :peace: :clapping: |:confused:) Glad to see you posted it. I'll tell you what, I'll trade you an ex banner Silver Cob for it? :grin: Beautiful bunch of silver you got there. I vote BANNER! Well, if I could, I would... :perfect10:

Thanks Steve :) It was definitely a fun coin to find :yes:

milco
07-20-2011, 07:47 PM
Awesome finds, congrats to you and we'll let you slide for not posting earlier because it was worth the wait to see all those nice old coins.

SeabeeRon
07-20-2011, 07:55 PM
WTG Girl!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: Good to see your digs! The Angel MoJo is rubbing off! :beerbuddy:

Epi-hunter
07-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Awesome finds, congrats to you and we'll let you slide for not posting earlier because it was worth the wait to see all those nice old coins.

Thank you! :yes:

WTG Girl!! :perfect10: :perfect10: :perfect10: Good to see your digs! The Angel MoJo is rubbing off! :beerbuddy:

I'm not in that league yet lol But I am having a fun time :yes: Thanks Ron!

fastfwd
07-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Holy Moly !! That is a great bunch of silver digs !! Woohoo congrats !!

Ill Digger
07-21-2011, 09:57 PM
:shocked04: Ohhh....Ahhhh :daydream: :drool: There it is! :drool:
Thats a dandy Angie :yes: thumbsup01
One of my Most wanted coin finds :envious:
The rest of the silver is just dreamy too of course :daydream: lol
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

z118
07-22-2011, 07:30 AM
That trime is something to behold. Congrats! That's a great haul on the rest of the silver too!

Beefcake
07-22-2011, 11:52 PM
That's an awesome hunt Angie!!! :perfect10:

Epi-hunter
07-23-2011, 12:04 AM
That's an awesome hunt Angie!!! :perfect10:

Brian... where have you been?

It's so great to hear from you!!!

Epi-hunter
07-23-2011, 12:13 AM
Holy Moly !! That is a great bunch of silver digs !! Woohoo congrats !!

Thank you!!! I appreciate it very much :)

:shocked04: Ohhh....Ahhhh :daydream: :drool: There it is! :drool:
Thats a dandy Angie :yes: thumbsup01
One of my Most wanted coin finds :envious:
The rest of the silver is just dreamy too of course :daydream: lol
Nice finds!
Congrats :grin:

Thanks Tim :) It's a great coin; not sure I will ever find one again! :)

That trime is something to behold. Congrats! That's a great haul on the rest of the silver too!

Thank you Z!!

I have loved seeing your great finds as of late too. :)