PDA

View Full Version : This is heartbreaking

Epi-hunter
01-16-2010, 07:12 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/world/2010/01/14/watson.haiti.trapped.girl.update.cnn?hpt=C2

coinnut
01-16-2010, 07:29 PM
Yep, saw that today, it just plain wrong. She struggled so hard to stay alive only to have no one there to help her once she was rescued. What's wrong with this world? We have our priorities all screwed up. No one in the whole world can get to Haiti faster than this and set up hospitals? It doesn't matter which administration is in office, in a disaster, you are on your own. Don't get me started Angie rofl :bangahead01: I feel bad for all those who worked so hard to free her.

del
01-16-2010, 07:36 PM
this whole thing in Haiti is just a gutwrenching tragedy and it don't look like theres any good news soon either.

Snowy
01-16-2010, 07:55 PM
Ugh.... That's horrific!

I hope Greg and his team from Sub Sea Research can get there soon.
Wish I coulda gone to work for him, too. Just can't take off on a ship for weeks at a time.
Life kinda grounds me. Otherwise, I'd be on the ship with him headed down.
I have no medical training, but I sure can work some hard labor and help!

I feel terrible....

Epi-hunter
01-16-2010, 08:28 PM
I was asked this past week to go to Haiti with a team from here that is going.

I am not sure I can, because of my kids. But I want to help. Everything else just seems to pale by comparison, in terms of priorities.

Snowy
01-16-2010, 08:57 PM
I was asked this past week to go to Haiti with a team from here that is going.

I am not sure I can, because of my kids. But I want to help. Everything else just seems to pale by comparison, in terms of priorities.

That's why we're donating to Greg's team. We can't go... wish we could.
Greg knows that area well and he's a hands on kinda guy.
I don't know what else to do... or what else we CAN do...

RickO
01-17-2010, 04:10 PM
The best most of us can do is to contribute to the effort. Be careful of scams though. I have a friend from Haiti, and he(and his wife) are very anxious about relatives. RickO