PDA

View Full Version : How to Make a better Pinpointer out of a Cen-tech

treasurebone
07-20-2011, 10:04 PM
Hey everyone! I just put up a video tutorial on youtube. This video shows you how to mod the Centech Hand Held Metal Detector from Harbor Freight and turn it into a pretty darn good pinpointer. Great for a back up or for all of us who are feeling the financial crunch right now.

How to Make a Cen-Tech Hand Held Metal Detector a Better Pinpointer (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5seiLHyNbjw#)

There are also written instructions with pictures on my blog (too much info to post here) You can find the link for my blog on my youtube video as Admin tends to get a bit snarky about putting your own blog info up anywhere on AD.

Admin. this is not advertising my blog this is just directing other forum members to where they can get more info on doing this mod. Thanks

Targetseeker
10-12-2012, 05:11 PM
Really nice job. I saw one mod where the owner removed the probe and reconnected it via a length of cable which allowed the box to stay out of harms way and dirt attached to his belt; but the probe - now attached to a short piece of pvc pipe where the vib motor was installed, could do its thing Any ideas on this? I think it might work okay and has a chance to become a waterproof probe. TS

BICSTER
12-20-2012, 12:41 AM
Great vid. Keep up the good work!