PDA

View Full Version : How sensitive are the new coils?

coinnut
07-21-2011, 03:14 PM
This sensitive :shocked04:

[attachimg=1]

This was found with the 11 stock Pro Coil on the E trac. Wasn't deep (probably less than an inch) but just goes to show you how much progress has been made with coils recently. If any of you remember the old days, an 11 coil would have been considered a monster, and you would just about be guaranteed to miss coins amongst the trash. Anything above an 8 coil was a dog in trashy areas lol Technology sure has come a long way these days. :clapping: This was found the other day at that moved house site I was doing. Lots of trash and tons of nails there.

BOWSER
07-21-2011, 07:46 PM
nice goin what does e- tcrc mean ,eventually find something happydance02

Epi-hunter
07-21-2011, 07:55 PM
The stock coil on the E-Trac is a killer coil.

angellionel
07-21-2011, 10:33 PM
It can be maddening at times too when trying to locate those bits with the probe. lol I do love the stock coil. :smitten:

jkress
07-21-2011, 10:50 PM
lol Sometimes those little things will throw me off. Even at only a couple of inches down they have fooled me to think
I might have a deep silver dime waiting to be unearthed. Pop the plug and the pinpointer shows nothing in vicinity of the hole.
Then I dig out a couple of scoops and still nothing in the hole. Check the plug... there it is. >:{ lol

Maddening... yes!

MartinL
07-22-2011, 03:47 AM
I have literally found clothing pins, the proverbial needle in a haystack, and at several inches. I am not kidding. It took the aid of the Pro Pointer, but it was found. Lots of other super tiny things also. martin

coinnut
07-22-2011, 10:46 AM
I have literally found clothing pins, the proverbial needle in a haystack, and at several inches. I am not kidding. It took the aid of the Pro Pointer, but it was found. Lots of other super tiny things also. martin

Coils these days are super sensitive. That is a negative sometimes, as it takes me a lot longer to find the tiny target lol My inline probe has a hard time locating very small targets sometimes :-\