PDA

View Full Version : new to this forum

holedigger
01-16-2010, 09:28 PM
hi everyone, i am new to this forum. i have been md'ing for about 3 years and love it. :tongue:

Epi-hunter
01-16-2010, 09:31 PM
hi everyone, i am new to this forum. i have been md'ing for about 3 years and love it. :tongue:

Welcome to the forum, holedigger! We are glad to have you. :) Where are you from and what detector do you use?

holedigger
01-16-2010, 09:40 PM
i live in s.w. iowa and i use a whites dfx.

Epi-hunter
01-16-2010, 09:42 PM
i live in s.w. iowa and i use a whites dfx.

Where in SW Iowa? I was born and raised in eastern Iowa and lived in Iowa City for 25 years before moving here (Kentucky) two years ago. I still own some property in SW Iowa.

angellionel
01-16-2010, 09:46 PM
Welcome, holedigger. Glad to have you with us!

del
01-16-2010, 09:53 PM
hello Holedigger and welcome ,i use a dfx too its a great machine you have what kind of areas do you like to detect most .

Dan

holedigger
01-16-2010, 11:32 PM
well i live in hamburg, ia . its about 45 min south of omaha,ne. i like to md in parks empty lots,we have sand pits. the area i live in is known to flood when we get alot of snow with a wet spring. a lot of the little towns around here were built right on the areas rivers. in 1953 we had a real bad flood and some of those small towns got flooded and moved. i like to locate the original location and search those sites. i've been trying to figure out how to create and load programs into my dfx. i should buy a book but i have only had my dfx for 6mos.

mitch

leslie(nova scotia)
01-17-2010, 05:08 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....welcome to the forum. Fairly new myself and have to say the folks here made me feel at home.

Lowjiber
01-17-2010, 10:10 AM
i've been trying to figure out how to create and load programs into my dfx. i should buy a book but i have only had my dfx for 6mos.
Welcome to the forum, Mitch. There are quite a few experienced DFX'ers here...Cybersage, for example.

Also, Jeff Foster's book &quot:grin:igging Deeper With the DFX is a great source of information.

WELCOME ABOARD!!!

coinnut
01-17-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome holedigger. I have the DFX and it is an excellent weapon lol To save some of your programs, just pick a stock program and load it as usual, balancing it and so forth. I use the coin and jewelry factory preset since it has a lot of the settings I like. Then go into the menu and alter any settings in audio, disc, etc... until you have a good program. Just quickly click and release the trigger and you are ready to temporarily hunt with the new settings. To keep it in a program slot, just hit menu, then hit enter preset programs and then scroll down past the program labeled prospecting. The EEProm programs after the prospecting program are the ones you can store your new program in. Now enter any one of those four. You will see load, save, name. Scroll down to save and hit enter. It will blink and you have just over written the previously saved program, I now scroll down to name, so I can name it. It takes a while to name it, but it's worth it. lol When you are done, just load it and re check to see if all the settings are the ones you chose. You can override any of those 4 programs anytime you want, just in case you make minor changes that you like better. Hope this helps.....and if you really want to know the indepth DFX info?? Jeff Foster's book is unreal. If you have any problems saving a program, just ask again or PM me.

Dave
01-17-2010, 09:11 PM
Hello and welcome to AD!

holedigger
01-17-2010, 10:39 PM
thanks for the information coinnut, i think i am going to get digging deeper with the dfx thumbsup01

coinnut
01-18-2010, 02:11 AM
thanks for the information coinnut, i think i am going to get digging deeper with the dfx thumbsup01

That book is full of DFX info that I never heard of anywhere else. I think he may have even surprised White's with his knowledge :shocked04: , but I must admit I had to read and re-read some of those sections over and over before they sunk in lol If you have trouble falling asleep, read it for about 15 minutes at bedtime and you will be out like a light, or you will be grabbing your gear and flying out the door to detect. Either option works :yes: Hope you like it.

holedigger
01-19-2010, 02:13 PM
i need to do some reading because we are still in a mini ice age out here in iowa. if you can't go md'ing read about it. hopefully we can get a warm spell before to long.

yazoo
01-19-2010, 06:19 PM
Welcome aboard thar Holedigger. Yazoo

holedigger
01-20-2010, 04:22 AM
thanks for the warm welcome everyone :twirlingeyes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-21-2010, 09:06 PM
welcome to the forum~! thumbsup01

hoser
01-21-2010, 09:24 PM
A big hearty WELCOME to you. Good to have you with us.

SeabeeRon
01-27-2010, 08:27 PM
Good to have you here, WELCOME from a California beach boy! 8)