PDA

View Full Version : Dirt+wood in my hood

Cheap Thrills
07-23-2011, 03:31 PM
Been getting out a little more but not having any luck with silver or gold .Yesterday I hit some turf where I had previously hit silver for close to three hrs. I pulled out forty five cents in clad and that crusty ring that may be a Chuck E Cheeser . I like to get out and hunt for the sake of hunting but it would be nice to find a little silver coinage like I used to . Later that evening I said to heck with it and went to see if I could scrounge up some of that wood chips tot lot gold for another three hrs. . Nope , a mood ring , a junk skull ring but I did scour the heck out of those chips for $4.01 in clad bringing my cash count for the day to $4.46 and 3 rings . Dug a lot of junk in the turf but the wood chips were suprisingly free of Beer bottle tops and only three pulltabs .
Hopefully I find some new spots available to me soon .

coinnut
07-23-2011, 05:10 PM
Tell them kids to get to it and drop you some gold lol Anytime you get a chance to relax and hunt is a good thing. :clapping: AT least now the chips are clean. You never know when someone is gonna lose a nice ring. Keep at that lot, every once in a while. 3 rings and four and a half bucks in change is a good hunt.

Epi-hunter
07-23-2011, 05:59 PM
Those two rings in the first photo look like the real deal :shocked04:stretcher: Can't tell if the last one is Chucky or not, but something along those lines lol Like George said, you just never know what you will find in the wood chips.

aloldstuff
07-25-2011, 12:39 PM
Ahhhh the challenge to most of us out here in md'ing land. NEW SPOTS....always on the look out for them. Congrats on your hunt

Cheap Thrills
07-25-2011, 01:28 PM
Thanks for looking and posting folks . Hit some new spots and a couple of old spots in the turf and sand box category yesterday . A few coins and stuff . The roll of film is somewhat intriguing though . I am somewhat tempted to get it developed but with my luck it would be something that would get me arrested .Here's a pic of yesterdays fabulous finds .

SeabeeRon
07-29-2011, 05:02 PM
Nice digs buddy!! happydance02

JTGOLD
07-29-2011, 05:47 PM
good hunting,wtg.

del
07-29-2011, 06:03 PM
those rings could of just as easily of been real nice gold ones with alot of stones , and the change is always a good thing Sheik. very nice

The roll of film is somewhat intriguing though . I am somewhat tempted to get it developed but with my luck it would be something that would get me arrested .

hey Sheik , you never know maybe their the lost Hoffa Pictures or conclusive evidence of the second shooter from the grass knoll or that famous lost picture of Coinnut in a dess when he lost a bet or ....
lol lol lol well you get the idea , besides you only live once . most places won't even charge you if they don't develope . i'd be curious too.

Dan

Cheap Thrills
07-29-2011, 10:23 PM
those rings could of just as easily of been real nice gold ones with alot of stones , and the change is always a good thing Sheik. very nice

hey Sheik , you never know maybe their the lost Hoffa Pictures or conclusive evidence of the second shooter from the grass knoll or that famous lost picture of Coinnut in a dess when he lost a bet or ....
lol lol lol well you get the idea , besides you only live once . most places won't even charge you if they don't develope . i'd be curious too.

Dan

Dan , I may just try to get that film developed , if not for any other reason but just to see who frequented that habitat . thumbsup01
Thanks to those who posted . thumbsup01