PDA

View Full Version : A Day Off

Ill Digger
07-23-2011, 07:21 PM
Getting a late start because of the over night/ early morning rain we had (and needed badly!) The little lady had some errands to do. So I said I'll see ya in a couple of hours! and off I went. thumbsup01 I went back to the same park I found my silver total tying Merc at last week. It was nice and cool after the rains past which made for a nice start to the hunt. But that would soon change :rolleyes: It got hot out again which kept me under the shelter of the old shade trees again ;) I was able to find 5 more wheaties, a very surprising 1883 IH :shocked04:. As the temps were at a boil and the finds starting to slow down I was about ready to go . Wanting one more goodie for the keeper pouch (hoping for silver :drool:) I get what we all wait for. A sweet 12-47 at 6-7 inches :daydream: :drool: :smitten: I said a little prayer. If this is a silver I'm powering down and leaving! :angelic: So I dug down about 5 inches and the PP said still 2 inches to go :drool: lol so I pulled out about 3 or 4 more inches of dirt and I seen the beautiful sight of the rim of a silver quarter! <: But when I brushed the dirt away and seen the eagle in flight on the rear I said :shocked04: &quot:daydream:H yeah!! Standing Liberty baby! <: Sweet! I reached over and hit the power button and headed for the truck. thumbsup01
Thanks for lookin' & HH :groovy:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0824.jpg

Beefcake
07-23-2011, 08:28 PM
Looks like you are having a great year so far!! Did the weather break yet:huh: It's been just too brutal to get out the last few days. We just got a nice batch of rain, so hopefully the ground will loosen up! Awesome find! The SLQ is still one of my all time favs to find...and the hardest it seems!

silver star
07-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Hey Timmy lol big congrats on that SLQ. See you tomorrow bud. HH Mike

Ill Digger
07-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Looks like you are having a great year so far!! Did the weather break yet:huh: \
:shocked04: Hey Brian!! Good to hear from ya!
Yeah I started out like wild fire this season. But since getting back to work the silver intake has slowed way down :(
But I surly am not complaining \:hammer: I'm still having my best season so far.
We had a little break in the weather yesterday and this morning. But it looks like we have a few more hot days in store before any real relief :rolleyes: We got about 2 inches by me and it defiantly helped. :yes:
Thanks for lookin' & commenting :beerbuddy:

angellionel
07-23-2011, 09:13 PM
Sweet looker, Tim. :smitten: I just love seeing those SQLs. Nice hunt. thumbsup01

Beefcake
07-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Just been a busy end of the school year, renewal classes, vacation... and now I'm free a bit! Good to see you guys again!

coinnut
07-23-2011, 10:07 PM
Just been a busy end of the school year, renewal classes, vacation... and now I'm free a bit! Good to see you guys again!

Hey Brian, Nice to see ya thumbsup01

Timmy........that SLQ is a sight for sore eyes lol And that park coughed up an Indian too. You are spoiled now ;) I bet it was real nice to just get out and hunt, with the way the weather has been lately. To get some keepers, must have been extra nice :happydance01:

Ill Digger
07-23-2011, 10:43 PM
I hear ya :yes: It's a busy time of year. :hairpulling:
Good seein' ya :)

I bet it was real nice to just get out and hunt, with the way the weather has been lately. To get some keepers, must have been extra nice :happydance01:
It was nice to get out :yes:
You know I was enjoying myself. I was out there untill I noticed I had stopped sweating :-\ That was about the time I found the SLQ <:
After that I :white:usaflag:: gave in willingly :happydance01:

jkress
07-24-2011, 12:29 AM
:peace: :peace: :peace:

Very happy to hear you got back to your 'spot'. I am even more happy to hear you located a SLQ. <:
That is such a tough coin to find. |:confused:) Great IH grab too.

Happy for you brother. :yes:

Ill Digger
07-24-2011, 12:41 AM
Happy for you brother. :yes:

Thanks Joe! :)
I hope my luck continues through tomorrow :angelic:

JTGOLD
07-24-2011, 07:09 AM
nice silver and good hunt,wtg.

marinedad
07-24-2011, 09:02 AM
nice finds tim, need more days off.

mike l
07-24-2011, 03:35 PM
Nothing like seeing the edge of a silver quarter in the hole, and a standing liberty to boot <:

doc brown
07-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Great find - nice looking coin thumbsup01

russellt
07-24-2011, 04:44 PM
:clapping: love the loitering lady and the rest ..... very very nice

milco
07-24-2011, 05:59 PM
Very nice finds, days off are great!

Epi-hunter
07-24-2011, 10:28 PM
VERY nice, love that quarter!!! :happydance01: :clapping:

aloldstuff
07-25-2011, 12:28 PM
Finding SLQ to break last years silver total....fantastic. And you're a man of your word, you powered down and left.

Mudder
07-25-2011, 09:39 PM
Kind of partial to your find, the SLQ was my very first silver find although yours looks to be in much better shape than mine. WTG.

tanacat
07-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Hey Tim! :clapping: :happydance01: :beerbuddy:

Way to go on the SLQ! I've only found one so far (no date). Love your story -the excitement of the moment :yes:

Hook
07-31-2011, 03:42 PM
nice digs..congrats. be careful with that heat :groovy:

firstring
08-04-2011, 09:56 AM
The way to beat the heat, recovery of a SLQ. Why didn't I think of that?
Great finds.

Ill Digger
08-04-2011, 07:22 PM
nice silver and good hunt,wtg.

Great find - nice looking coin thumbsup01

Very nice finds, days off are great!

VERY nice, love that quarter!!! :happydance01: :clapping: Thanks everyone!! |:confused:)

nice finds tim, need more days off.
You got that right! lol

Nothing like seeing the edge of a silver quarter in the hole, and a standing liberty to boot <:
You got that right! lol

Hey Tim! :clapping: :happydance01: :beerbuddy:
Way to go on the SLQ! I've only found one so far (no date). Love your story -the excitement of the moment :yes:
Thanks Tawna! lol
It was a nice little surprise for sure! :yes: lol :happydance01:

The way to beat the heat, recovery of a SLQ. Why didn't I think of that?
Great finds.
It don't always work quite like that ...... :dontknow:....but I'll take it :yes: lol

Thanks for lookin' & commentin' everyone!! |:confused:)
HH :groovy:

Cheap Thrills
08-04-2011, 08:03 PM
Congrats on your nice SLQ !!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01