PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES WITH SNIFFY*LARGE SILVER*CW BUTTON & A COPPER?

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2011, 08:18 PM
Got out with the ole sniffster again.hit a bunch of cellar holes in his neck of the woods.
1st site gave up a civil war general service button,2nd site got the large tombac,a site or 2 later i got a nice iffy signal(iron in hole with it) out pops a big silver! a nice shape 1915-D Barber half full liberty on headband.last site i got a copper! <;) umm its real close to the cut off date of our american large cents and i gotta ask the :poke: dynamic duo :poke: if it can count? 1859 canadian LC

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2011, 08:19 PM
MORE PICS

Viking
07-23-2011, 08:26 PM
Wow! Incredible finds! I especially like that Half- she's an absolute beauty! :loveit:

del
07-23-2011, 09:17 PM
:omg: wow very very nice barber Dave :perfect10: that must have been a rush to find that in the hole , huh. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

angellionel
07-23-2011, 09:32 PM
Nice bunch of finds there, Dave. :clapping: That Barber half is awesome! :drool:

Beefcake
07-23-2011, 09:35 PM
That Barber half is beautiful!!!! I'm still waiting on my first one! Sweeeeet hunt!

coinnut
07-23-2011, 09:45 PM
Nice hunt Dave. Love the half |:confused:) That has got to stop you cold in your tracks :shocked04: It was hot out but well worth the efforts. I see Dan skirted around your large copper question lol Nice CW button too. A ton of military have been surfacing lately :confused: Great hunt guys :happydance01:

Epi-hunter
07-23-2011, 09:48 PM
That barber half is beyond incredible. :happydance01:

Congratulation on the fantastic finds!!! :clapping: :clapping:

sniffy
07-23-2011, 10:08 PM
Boy oh' Boy....I really got spanked and put in the corner today. At least I got the oxe knob to save the day for me..... lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2011, 10:11 PM
Nice hunt Dave. Love the half |:confused:) That has got to stop you cold in your tracks :shocked04: It was hot out but well worth the efforts. I see Dan skirted around your large copper question lol Nice CW button too. A ton of military have been surfacing lately :confused: Great hunt guys :happydance01:

yeah you must be wearin a skirt too cuz you avoided it as well <}

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2011, 10:14 PM
:omg: wow very very nice barber Dave :perfect10: that must have been a rush to find that in the hole , huh. :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

yeah it was Dan especialy considering how hammered this site was.i think the nail in the hole with it ..made whoever walked over this signal pass it off as junk :thinkingabout:

coinnut
07-23-2011, 10:14 PM
yeah you must be wearin a skirt too cuz you avoided it as well <}

rofl Yeah, I did didn't I :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2011, 10:16 PM
rofl Yeah, I did didn't I :thinkingabout:

umm that's a big YES ya did! :yes: c'mon its so close please? |:confused:)

coinnut
07-23-2011, 10:25 PM
c'mon its so close please? |:confused:)

Ohhhh Dave...... If we let one Victoria wanna be copper in, we have to let them all in :dontknow: rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-23-2011, 10:59 PM
Ohhhh Dave...... If we let one Victoria wanna be copper in, we have to let them all in :dontknow: rofl

you guys are so mean to me :crying02:

del
07-24-2011, 11:07 AM
At least I got the oxe knob to save the day for me..... lol

thats the attitude Jesse , don't let Davey boy have a free pass to that ox knob crown . some body has to stand up to him. lol lol

you guys are so mean to me :crying02:

\:hammer: \:hammer: were not heartless Dave ...
come on we broke the rules and let you have one count a few years ago , even though we did tell you at the time that those are no.1 a bronze coin and no.2 that the coppers end with the last year of 1857 (last year of the large cent). now if you want to add the bronze Victorian half and whole pennies to the compitition you have to make that clear at the begining of the year. :callme: :callme: :grin:

for the record George looks much better in a skirt than i . lol rofl rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-24-2011, 12:36 PM
thats the attitude Jesse , don't let Davey boy have a free pass to that ox knob crown . some body has to stand up to him. lol lol

\:hammer: \:hammer: were not heartless Dave ...
come on we broke the rules and let you have one count a few years ago , even though we did tell you at the time that those are no.1 a bronze coin and no.2 that the coppers end with the last year of 1857 (last year of the large cent). now if you want to add the bronze Victorian half and whole pennies to the compitition you have to make that clear at the begining of the year. :callme: :callme: :grin:

for the record George looks much better in a skirt than i . lol rofl rofl

yeah i know Dan i was just goofin around.i figured this may have fallen under the granfather clause in the coppa rule book.

sniffy
07-24-2011, 12:45 PM
Can I count large cloak buttons as coppers..as long as they don't have shanks?

del
07-24-2011, 12:59 PM

lol lol rofl don't give Dave anymore ideas Jess lol lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-24-2011, 04:40 PM

jess 1st ya gotta dig a cloak button on a hunt rofl

del
07-24-2011, 04:53 PM
jess 1st ya gotta dig a cloak button on a hunt rofl

<} rofl wow , Jess that was just wrong lol lol

if i close my eyes , i can just imagine George saying that very phrase . lol lol

coinnut
07-24-2011, 05:21 PM
Wow Dan, if we let you count cloakers, your copper count should be :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :dontknow: 5 1/2. rofl NO cloakers MR. Sniffy. Nice try lol

Mudder
07-29-2011, 09:19 PM
Great finds, and I glad that you found the Barber and not me. I would have had the big one right there on the spot. On the other hand I would already have dug the hole. :white:usaflag:: Congrats on some Awsome finds.

Tony Two-Cent
07-30-2011, 10:57 AM
That Barber Half is mind blowing! Wow, just gorgeous! It truly is in beautiful condition and has great detail. I have found several Walkers but never a Barber Half.

Congrats on the super hunt!

tanacat
08-06-2011, 11:21 PM
:shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: :shocked04:stretcher: Love that Barber Half Dave- absolutely stunning. Very cool Canadian LC I hadn't seen one before. And kudos on some great nature shots too!!! I missed your thread somehow :huh:

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2011, 11:30 PM
:omg: Fantastic finds and pictures . You guys sure have some beautiful spots to hunt in . That Barber Half is totally mindblowing !!! thumbsup01 thumbsup01 thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-08-2011, 07:14 AM
Great Barber 1/2. You always seem to have great hunts. Congrats