PDA

View Full Version : Another Sidewalk Tearout - Found Something Cool w/o MDer

milco
07-25-2011, 09:45 PM
Some of you had seen my post about a construction site in Fond du Lac, WI that had produced six IH, a barber dime, a merc and many relics. Well I made it back to that site to find it mostly covered up and found nothing. So I decided to head to another part of town where I knew they were tearing up sidewalks. I was pleasantly surprised to find that they were working in a very old area of town. I did not find much, but it was fun. I saw something I have never seen before without the detector, that is an original sidewalk with the date marked on it...1912. I thought that was cool! Finds were 1913, 1947 wheat and some odds n ends.

jkress
07-25-2011, 10:53 PM
I haven't seen a sidewalk like that before... definitely cool.
Congrats on finding some keepers. Boy, that house on the corner sure looks inviting. :daydream:
I'm going to try and get out tomorrow for some hunting. Got a good feeling about a new site.
Good luck on your next hunt.

mike l
07-25-2011, 10:57 PM
I would like to do a old sidewalk rip out. Some prime undetected dirt there. Cool that sidewalk had a date stamp

aloldstuff
07-26-2011, 07:13 AM
Congrats on that find. I love sidewalk tearouts. Everything beneath that cement has been there for years.

Mudder
07-29-2011, 08:29 PM
Very cool finds, I particuarly liked the dated sidewalk, it gives you a real good idea on what you have a chance of finding.

coinnut
07-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Never seen a dated sidewalk like that :confused: Nice area to be hunting in. But them houses are calling you to hunt them :drool: :drool: