PDA

View Full Version : E-Trac Emulator Program

fsa46
07-26-2011, 08:21 AM
A member on another site put me onto the E-Trac Emulaltor Program. <:

I have been concerned about how user friendly the E-Trac may be and have been reluctant to pull the trigger. :dontknow: I have been sending PMs to many members requesting info on this unit....all have been helpful. :yes:

However, after looking at this program it appears to be just what the doctor ordered. :happydance01:

I can play with this program as long as I like, and along with Andy's book should have at the very least familiarized myself with the E-Trac before making the purchase. :yes:

Have any members used this program and what are your thoughts on it ? Also, any tips on what may be of special interest on this program would be appreciated, thanks. :)

Epi-hunter
07-26-2011, 08:35 AM
I've used it. :) It's a great program to get a feel for the machine. It even allows you to change some settings.

When it first came out, because it was designed by someone who is not US-based (can't remember where) most of the targets were foreign coins and there weren't a lot of available trash and relic targets. I think that has changed, so if the download didn't come with the US coins I know there is a separate place where they can be downloaded.

fsa46
07-26-2011, 09:55 AM
I've used it. :) It's a great program to get a feel for the machine. It even allows you to change some settings.

When it first came out, because it was designed by someone who is not US-based (can't remember where) most of the targets were foreign coins and there weren't a lot of available trash and relic targets. I think that has changed, so if the download didn't come with the US coins I know there is a separate place where they can be downloaded.

Angie, it does have a download for American coins now, along with some other downloads. If I'm reading it correctly, the original was for French coins.

I think it's awesome for someone like myself to get a feel for the machine. I like what I'm seeing already. :yes:

They say the sounds that correspond with the target shown are the same as the actual machine. Is this in fact correct ? :thinkingabout:

coinnut
07-26-2011, 11:10 AM
They say the sounds that correspond with the target shown are the same as the actual machine. Is this in fact correct ? :thinkingabout:

I think they are. But some targets will be slightly different in the soil. I think it's kinda like doing an air test of the machine. But the E Trac is pretty close to the results in an air test while in the ground. Depending on mineralization, and especially on nearby iron and junk targets, the signal can change some. Now you are gonna make me down load it aren't you? rofl

Epi-hunter
07-26-2011, 12:09 PM
I agree with George :yes: It sounds very close, if not exactly like, the machine does in real life. But it's an ideal situation rather than reality, like when detecting in mineralized soil, dealing with iron or other trash around good targets, trying to hear and isolate very deep good targets while swinging slowly.... etc.

George, you haven't downloaded it? Download it! :hammer: :behave: lol

fsa46
07-26-2011, 12:54 PM
WOW, I love this program. :happydance01: If someone is concidering getting an E-Trac it is well worth the time to go through this and at least see if it's what you expected. :thinkingabout:

I also downloaded the American Coin Program , ( 61 in all ) but am having a problem transferring it into my main program. This is huge because as I understand it, it gives both the numbers and the sounds of all our American coins.....something even some veterans may find helpful. :dontknow:

Epi-hunter
07-26-2011, 01:13 PM
What kind of problem are you having?

fsa46
07-26-2011, 01:52 PM
What kind of problem are you having?

You have two separate programs, the Emulator program and the American coin program. After both are downloaded separately into your ZIP files you follow the directions to transfer the coin program into the Emulator program. You are supposed to be able to drag your 61 coins.zip file into your EtracEm file, but it isn't working for me. :dontknow: 8/

Epi-hunter
07-26-2011, 01:59 PM
Sent you a PM

Epi-hunter
07-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Copy (DON'T unzip) the coin file into this directory (unless you changed the default directory when you installed the emulator):

C:\Program Files\EtracEm-V1-en\Datazips

The file should still be zipped when you copy it there.

coinnut
07-26-2011, 05:42 PM
George, you haven't downloaded it? Download it! :hammer: :behave: lol

I'm afraid to lol I don't want to jinx my year so far :shocked01: :shocked01:

RobW
07-27-2011, 07:49 AM
Sounds like something fun to play with during the winter when I can't actually detect :yes: