PDA

View Full Version : Solo hunt with Coinnut

coinnut
07-27-2011, 08:16 PM
lol I figured I'd take myself out detecting today :girlcry: Wanted to get some hunting in earlier, since Saturday is gonna be 90's again :rolleyes: I had planned on hitting 2 sites and some outer pen areas, so the hunt was a long one today. One site has never given up an old coin >:/ The other has been Ok but not great. Today, the first site didn't cough up the coins again lol but the second site gave me the nicest Connecticut Button I have to date. Most of mine are broken or just discolored, so this one was a real nice find. Also found an 1865 Indian and the biggest skeleton key I have ever seen :shocked04: It was a good relaxing hike today. thumbsup01

Here's the junk as usual

[attachimg=1]

Good finds were sparse today

[attachimg=2]

The early Indian was nice

[attachimg=3]

Before and after pictures of the Connecticut Button

[attachimg=4]

[attachimg=5]

Even the back side of the button turned out pretty good

[attachimg=6]

aloldstuff
07-27-2011, 08:25 PM
I see you and your inner self went metal detecting. That button cleaned up real nice and congrats on the IH. Any Ideas on what such a large skeleton key would go to??

Tony Two-Cent
07-27-2011, 08:26 PM
WOW! That Connecticut button is GORGEOUS! It's hard to imagine that one could come out of the ground looking nicer than that! And that early Indian Head is really nice too! I've yet to find one that old.

Nice recoveries! :clapping:

p.s. I hope coinnut didn't give you any trouble! rofl

coinnut
07-27-2011, 08:32 PM
Any Ideas on what such a large skeleton key would go to??

I think it's probably the front door key :yes:
For some reason I get a lot of them that are probably the house keys when I do cellar holes. I guess that is the way they tell me I'm welcomed, come on in :shocked01: :shocked01: lol

WOW! That Connecticut button is GORGEOUS! It's hard to imagine that one could come out of the ground looking nicer than that! And that early Indian Head is really nice too! I've yet to find one that old.

Nice recoveries! :clapping:

p.s. I hope coinnut didn't give you any trouble! rofl

Thanks :) And Coinnut was well behaved. He had to be... I drove :cheesysmile:

Ill Digger
07-27-2011, 08:40 PM
lol I figured I'd take myself out detecting today :girlcry:
lol Well you should thank yourself! |:confused:)
It looks and sounds like you just made yourselves day :beerbuddy: lol
It's good to do that once in a while you know :yes: thumbsup01
And you made some really nice finds along the way too!
That door must of been real far away that you need a key that long :poke: lol
But I'd say the button is the real find of the day! Boy did that clean up nice!! WOW! :shocked04: That'll look nice in the display case! thumbsup01
Fine huntin' George ! |:confused:) :confused: Or should I say....Fine huntin' George and George |:confused:) |:confused:)
Congrats :grin:

del
07-27-2011, 09:28 PM
what no coppers , oh i forgot you save them just to make me look bad on the forum huh . :kiss: lol lol that has to be one of the nicest Connecticut buttons i've seen dug in a while :clapping: :clapping: their usually dented pretty bad , sweet find George :beerbuddy:. that is a shoe buckle frame isn't it :huh: and that key is [size=1:crazy:t]HUGE man the thing must of rang out like no tomarro, great finds buddy . :clapping: :clapping:

Epi-hunter
07-27-2011, 09:31 PM
WOW!!! That button looks awesome after cleaning! Very nice George!

angellionel
07-27-2011, 09:33 PM
See? You can't resist getting out either. lol I bet it felt good to get out too. :smitten: Great looking button. :clapping: I love the Indian Head cent. It belongs in my collection. lol

coinnut
07-27-2011, 09:39 PM
George :beerbuddy:. that is a shoe buckle frame isn't it :huh: and that key is [size=1:crazy:t]HUGE man the thing must of rang out like no tomarro, great finds buddy . :clapping: :clapping:

It is a shoe buckle frame. All there, but bent underneath. That key was located right in front of the well at the site (next to the church). It barely registered and was only 3 inches deep. The iron around that well is unbelievable. Just a carpet of iron. I got it to read copper/ silver but was shocked to see such a large object. We are missing tons due to the iron >:# The Indian was across the path right in the enterance to the barn. I have detected there at least 2 or 3 times. The ferns were not helping the hunt today. 3 foot tall now :hairpulling:

lol Well you should thank yourself! |:confused:)
It looks and sounds like you just made yourselves day :beerbuddy: lol
It's good to do that once in a while you know :yes: thumbsup01
And you made some really nice finds along the way too!
That door must of been real far away that you need a key that long :poke: lol
But I'd say the button is the real find of the day! Boy did that clean up nice!! WOW! :shocked04: That'll look nice in the display case! thumbsup01
Fine huntin' George ! |:confused:) :confused: Or should I say....Fine huntin' George and George |:confused:) |:confused:)
Congrats :grin:

Thanks Tim...we had a blast lol

See? You can't resist getting out either. lol I bet it felt good to get out too. :smitten: Great looking button. :clapping: I love the Indian Head cent. It belongs in my collection. lol

I think I need to detect twice a week now....just got to find a safe way to sneak out of the house lol You have enough Indians for one man :bop: lol

jkress
07-27-2011, 10:06 PM
Great hunt George... glad to see you got out with him. lol
Love the key and IH but the button is gorgeous.
I tried to get out today for a little bit, but work kept me grounded. crying01
The weekend is coming, the weekend is coming. <:
Congrats.

tanacat
07-28-2011, 05:54 AM
lol you are so funny... glad the 3 of you had fun (me, myself & I) :grin: That button turned out great and beautiful IH but I think the big 'ol key is my favorite. I have a pretty good collection of those going myself.

P.S. Glad you didn't get eaten by a mtn lion :cheesysmile: After that recent article this might be your last solo hunt with Coinnut? :eyebrow:

RobW
07-28-2011, 09:05 AM
Glad you had fun with yourself. Great finds! That button sure is a dandy :loveit:

sniffy
07-28-2011, 04:16 PM
Thats some button there! way to go! Im glad you and Coinnut got out!.... :cheesysmile:

CTDirtFisher
07-28-2011, 07:20 PM
Indian and a CT Great Seal Button is a good day in any relic/colonial hunters book...

but... Solo hunt with Coinnut

George I'm a little concerned when you post start in the 3rd person from you about a hunt with only you... :behave:

Paul !

coinnut
07-28-2011, 08:50 PM
George I'm a little concerned when you post start in the 3rd person from you about a hunt with only you... :behave:

Paul !

:-> :-> I see. :-> :-> :-> We'll get back to you on that lol I was bored :cheesysmile:

Mudder
07-29-2011, 09:09 PM
Great button, but had an eye for the key also. They are becoming fairly rare now, and are harder to find even in the antique stores.