PDA

View Full Version : Also about the Lesche digger - -

steve in so az
07-27-2011, 09:52 PM
While we have several posts on the Lesche I wanted to show a simple, inexpensive way to make a holder to replace the useless nylon sheathe it comes with. Not only is the original sheathe hard to use with the blade sticking while getting out & going in but it holds all the dirt from the digger.

I went to Home Depot and bought this tool holder, cut off part of it and it fits easily on my belt. I just plop the Lesche back in and the dirt falls away. Steve in so az

http://i269.photobucket.com/albums/jj41/steveinsoaz/Tools/Leschesheath.jpg

coinnut
07-27-2011, 10:18 PM
That thing will probably last forever lol What did that cost you about $8.00 ? A great idea since they get a lot of use, and the last thing anyone wants to think about is a bad sheath. I usually just put mine in the pouch, but I may get one of those and add it to my already cluttered belt :white:usaflag::

aloldstuff
07-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Thank you for sharing an excellent idea. The nylon sheath is useless, always getting stuck. I have just been carrying it in my left hand but now I must get me one of those leather sheaths

del
07-28-2011, 11:00 AM
great idea Steve , its clevor tips like this that save fellow hobbyists (new and old) some aggravation and time.

Thanks

jkress
08-12-2011, 10:57 PM
That is a great idea. I quite using my original sheath because I was tired of getting the compacted dirt out of the bottom of it.
Now I just slide it in the junk part of my pouch... and tonight I noticed the pouch was getting close to having a hole in the bottom
where the digger point rests. :dontknow: Time for a new pouch and trip to HD. :yes:
Thanks.

Hunt4Fun
09-24-2011, 08:11 PM
Thanks Steve. That is an outstanding idea. Bob

OxShoeDrew
11-09-2011, 03:32 PM
Thank you Steve, great idea. :clapping:

swingbot
01-16-2012, 07:54 PM
That's a net idea. I do make sheath's that's a combo for the GPP and Lesche. One is called the BOMB, and its the side by side, and the BOMB#2 witch is the GPP in front of the sheath on an angle.

Celluforce
07-23-2012, 01:03 AM
Again, Swingbot, it's a nice idea to combine pinpointer and digging tool in the same sheath...

I may think about a similar sheath but I will have to improvise a bit... I use a Friskars Big Grip and will have a BH pinpointer.

[attachimg=1]

Instead of a key chain safety hook, I may try to put a kind of retractable leash for securing the pinpointer to the holster...[attachimg=2]

Daniel <;)