PDA

View Full Version : Wet hunt

Marcus
07-28-2011, 04:54 AM
Hello friends
It was very hot this days,also fields after wheat harvest was not plowed because lack of rain.Rain fall few days ago,plowing start and i manage to find few fields where i can hunt.
So,me and my friend hunted for two afternoons...about 4-5 hour per day.... we were soaking wet one day suddenly large rainy cloud came (we were busy with hunting,and we did not pay attention ) and when heavy rain fall we run in corn field and duck,so large corn leafs protect us a little bit... it was pretty fun
Here is what i found with my DFX 300
About 15 Roman coins,one Roman fibula (toga pin) first century,without needle,few Celtic ring pre coins B.C. few broken fibula parts,one bronze button,and one little peace of silver,part of some silver fibula i guess.
I started to clean coins and some of them will be very nice.
HH

aloldstuff
07-28-2011, 06:34 AM
Great job dodging the rain. Always a pleasure to see those old roman coins. Nothing like that over here. Congrats on finally being able hunt.

marinedad
07-28-2011, 08:34 AM
cool stuff marcvs, always a treat to see your finds. congrats.

JTGOLD
07-28-2011, 08:45 AM
nice finds Marcus,good hunt.

angellionel
07-28-2011, 10:01 AM
Awesome finds, Marcus! :clapping: Man, I would love to detect those types of old fields. :smitten:

Mudder
07-29-2011, 08:26 PM
Awsome hunt |:confused:) a couple of the coins look to have great detail. Congrats.

coinnut
07-30-2011, 07:39 PM
Nice finds Marcus :clapping: Love the fact that the Romans were good at losing lots of coins lol Some great finds there, even the small old silver piece looks good. thumbsup01