PDA

View Full Version : Crakeling Sound

RobW
07-29-2011, 08:00 AM
Last night I was detecting with Al. It sounded like my detector (E-trac) was cutting in and out, and when it was in, there was a crackeling sound. I unplugged the earphones, and it was working fine, which led me to believe it was the ear phones. I used the inner part of my shirt to wipe off the plug, and blew into the jack to clear dust. This seems to have fixed the problem.

I personally think there is a design flaw to where the jack is on the e-trac. It's in a horrible location for many reasons

I just wanted to give a heads up so if anyone else experiences this, they can try this before giving up and going home...like I almost did

angellionel
07-29-2011, 08:19 AM
Good tip, Rob! thumbsup01

del
07-29-2011, 09:36 AM
thats what that sound was ...

well George will pleased to finally know where that sound was comming from , all this time he and i thought it was his old knees creeking in them woods . lol rofl rofl

coinnut
07-29-2011, 11:21 AM
Last night I was detecting with Al. It sounded like my detector (E-trac) was cutting in and out, and when it was in, there was a crackeling sound. I unplugged the earphones, and it was working fine, which led me to believe it was the ear phones. I used the inner part of my shirt to wipe off the plug, and blew into the jack to clear dust. This seems to have fixed the problem.

I personally think there is a design flaw to where the jack is on the e-trac. It's in a horrible location for many reasons

I just wanted to give a heads up so if anyone else experiences this, they can try this before giving up and going home...like I almost did

Hey Rob, there have been some issues with the jack on the E Trac. Most times it is the rubber seal that covers the battery. It need to be pressed back on after changing the battery to give a good seal. If not, it keeps the headphone jack from making complete contact. It also is a bit unforgiving if the connection is not clean too. It could also be something as simple as the connection inside needs to be bent in more to make better contact with the plug, although I'm not sure if that is how it designed. But some people's machines needed repair, and I'm assuming they replace the jack housing. When mine does that I just spin the cord form the headphones a bit, and it works fine. I usually wait for the winter to do any repairs on all of the machines I have owned, unless they reapirs can not wait. It is one of the idiosyncrasies of the E Trac :rolleyes: