PDA

View Full Version : Hunting a beat cellar hole

coinnut
07-30-2011, 03:18 PM
Went out today with the intent of gridding a cellar hole that has given me 8 coppers :smitten: Spent about two hours gridding just the lip and found ..... nothing lol So I tired of that quick. I have found everything on that lip that I am capable of finding. Someone else may pull targets out, but not me. :yes: So I put the 11 coil back on and wandered around for another 5 hours and found the usual junk (although less of it) plus a watch winder, 2 buttons, some furniture hardware and on the way back to the hole, 2 more coppers. :shocked04: I have Del to thank for them since he complained that I did not find a copper on my last solo hunt lol Each copper was within 20 feet of the cellar hole. The 1820 was on the slope leading up to it, hence the nicer condition, while the other copper was on the edge of the downward path (where the rain collects). Note how much that large cent lost in size, just by being in the water's path all those years. But I am retiring this cellar hole, even though it gave me 2 coppers today (a going away present lol). It was nice while it lasted, but I get the feeling there isn't anything left for me there, as it has given me everything it could. Not a bad hunt, but time flies when you are out in the woods :dontknow: I wish I could detect everyday :daydream:
[attachimg=1]
[attachimg=2]
[attachimg=3]
[attachimg=4]
[attachimg=5]

HEAVYMETALNUT
07-30-2011, 04:44 PM
nice G! that 1820 is pretty sweet! me & sniffy got skunked today.i got one flat button and enough Plated silverware for a feast.
my copper crown is in jeopardy now :omg: gotta get out tomorrow and get one at least :blackeye:
nice hunt buddy! :groovy:

MassDirtFisher
07-30-2011, 06:11 PM
Congrats on scoring 2 coppers today! That 1820 is in decent shape, Well done. Happy Hunting!!

angellionel
07-30-2011, 06:29 PM
I bet those two coppers got the juices flowing. lol Especially that 1820. :drool: That cellar hole sure has been good to you. :happydance01:

Tony Two-Cent
07-31-2011, 09:19 AM
Wow, that 1820 Large Cent has amazing detail! It's a beauty! Of course, I wouldn't sneeze at the other copper either. Any Matron Head would be a welcome find in these parts!

Congrats on the great hunt and the two coppers! :clapping:

CTDirtFisher
07-31-2011, 01:33 PM
George!

Nice story and digs... and its cool that Dan helped you out... He must have been swimming in coppers to help you out like that :-)

Paul

pulltabsteve
07-31-2011, 01:40 PM
CNUT!!!!!!!! :grin: That 1820 sure is sweet! :happydance01: Great copper scores on the trip back to the cellar hole :yes: Time sure does fly in the woods, but its usually a very peaceful time. Nice to see you got a chance to get out thumbsup01

del
07-31-2011, 08:18 PM
hey very nice hunt there George :cheering: :peace: :cheering: two coppers is just a fine day :daydream: congrats on the 1820 she's a good one :clapping: :clapping: glad i could be of some service in finding them :eyebrow: lol rofl ah, anytime ?? :huh:

aloldstuff
08-01-2011, 08:16 AM
Great two coppers. Thanks for the explanation of their condition. Sure does make sense. Sorry to hear that you are going to retire the cellar hole(does it get any benifits, pension anything like that?) That 1820 is a beaut.

coinnut
08-01-2011, 08:50 AM
Sorry to hear that you are going to retire the cellar hole(does it get any benifits, pension anything like that?)

lol Why yes it does. It will always be fondly remembered and it get a promise that we will return the minute some new technology comes around our way :cheesysmile:

RobW
08-01-2011, 09:45 AM
Nice 2 LC day :clapping:

sniffy
08-01-2011, 04:55 PM
POor ole girl...why ya gotta just up n' leave her like that..she calm and patiently awaits your return.

coinnut
08-01-2011, 10:21 PM
POor ole girl...why ya gotta just up n' leave her like that..she calm and patiently awaits your return.

If she will just give me one more piece of old silver (would be a record of 3 at one site :clapping:) Then I would return. lol who am I kidding, Ill be back :rolleyes:

jkress
08-02-2011, 11:00 PM
Now those two are a very sweet going away present from one of your sites. :clapping: That site has been very good to you.
The first one pictured is in such nice shape. I'd love to find one like that in the bottom of one of my holes. :daydream:
Great job George.

JTGOLD
08-05-2011, 09:45 PM
2 coppers in one day = great hunt.

fsa46
08-06-2011, 02:16 PM
You're doing just fine George, most of us would take a day like that any day of the week. :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2011, 11:17 PM
Awesome hunt George !!! :cool: thumbsup01 :yes: