PDA

View Full Version : My last couple of weeks...got me some goodies :)

Hook
07-30-2011, 04:17 PM
I've had a little luck in the last couple weeks since my morgan find ...so here we go.....
Hit my new honey hole at the crack of dawn this morning , to avoid most of the heat.Started off slow, lots of trash and a couple clads. Then on the sidewalk strip, i get a crazy signal bouncing from dime to penny to pulltab..back and forth. I cut a deep plug, flipped it back and the signal was deeper in the hole. Loosened up a few inches of dirt, scooped it out and had a handful of pennies. 8 or nine of them .all wheats. more signal in the hole, so repeat last step. MORE wheats lol. Spent 20 minutes digging in and around some concrete chunks a measured 9 inches down to get all that would ring up. 25 of em sheesh! All in the early 50's except for 6 in the 40's. Also pulled a 1950 dog tag (in 2 pieces) from the same hole.

Moved to a different location in the older part of town and hit a big empty lot that evidently had houses at one time. My first signal was a solid 50 cents at 6 inches..and out pops a pretty 1941 no mintmark walker . A few clad pennies that were fairly deep, and then i hit a penny dime signal so i dug it hoping for a IH. Nope..just a dang nitro. ( i think) its got 10 K THG and what looks like ESPO in the band, but it sure looked plated and fake to me. Most of the stones are missing, and appear to have been glued in. So i threw it in my junk ring box Also pulled a 1915 wheatie.

Last week while hunting an old house site now part of a city park, i stumbled onto a franklin half, and 2 IH's, a 1902 and an 1888..my first here in louisiana :clapping:. Here's a few pics ...hope its not too many :happydance01:
Happy hunting all...thanks for looking :grin:

MassDirtFisher
07-30-2011, 04:47 PM
Excellent Big Silvers!! Nice wheat penny hoard!! Congrats on a couple of good hunts. Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
07-30-2011, 05:52 PM
WTG on the big silvers. It must have been exciting to pull 25 wheats out of one hole. Nice collection of finds ya got there. Big congrats

angellionel
07-30-2011, 06:31 PM
Those are some very good hunts, Hook. The wheat cent cache must have been fun digging up. :clapping: Very nice large silver too. thumbsup01

coinnut
07-30-2011, 07:26 PM
Sounds like you have been having some fun hunts. Each of them halves makes the heart go :loveit: Congrats on the wheaty spill and all the rest. Nothing beats big silver sitting in the pile of dirt :drool: :smitten: :smitten:

Hook
07-30-2011, 07:32 PM
Sounds like you have been having some fun hunts. Each of them halves makes the heart go :loveit: Congrats on the wheaty spill and all the rest. Nothing beats big silver sitting in the pile of dirt :drool: :smitten: :smitten:

coin its been fun the last couple weeks for sure ...and i'm not done yet! :happydance01:

Those are some very good hunts, Hook. The wheat cent cache must have been fun digging up. Very nice large silver too. from Angel...

Angel it was fun for the first 15 or so,..then i got aggravated at the kid that stashed them for not inculding some dimes or quarters lol.
we all love pulling those big silvers ...i just wish i could keep up you some of you guys! lol

Mudder
07-30-2011, 10:18 PM
No, your kidding, you got a lot of goodies. |:confused:)

jkress
07-30-2011, 11:00 PM
Man... you certainly have the magic touch Hook. :peace:
I love this post. Was drooling while reading and saw the Franklin... then scrolled down more and my jaw dropped
when the WLH entered my screen. All great finds.
Just fantastic. :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
07-30-2011, 11:10 PM
Great hunting , love those halves . :perfect10: I dug a few coke can tops today with the hopes of bagging one . lol

pulltabsteve
07-31-2011, 05:16 AM
Love the pictures Hook! Nice score on the silvers :perfect10:

Hook
07-31-2011, 05:47 AM
Man... you certainly have the magic touch Hook. :peace:
I love this post. Was drooling while reading and saw the Franklin... then scrolled down more and my jaw dropped
when the WLH entered my screen. All great finds.
Just fantastic. :clapping:

no magic touch here my friend. heck i'mstill using a 250, i havent graduated to the big boy toy yet (e-trac) happydance02
its all in the location, i managed to find a couple sites where there's some oldies still there :happydance01:

Thanks to everyone else for their replies :groovy:

Tony Two-Cent
07-31-2011, 09:03 AM
Here's a few pics ...hope its not too many.

There's no such thing as too many pics if you ask me! :)

Wow, you have made some terrific finds recently! That wheat cent spill had to be a blast to find! And those halves, holy cow! Gorgeous! I have found four Walkers but never a Franklin, oddly enough. The Indian Heads are beauties too!

Congrats on the wonderful finds! :clapping: