PDA

View Full Version : Sunday Morning hunt with Tim (massdirtfisher)

aloldstuff
07-31-2011, 12:22 PM
Tim met me at my house at 7am and we went to the place that I had found the early 1800's button. Well we struck out there. Proceeded to dunkin donuts and Tim supplied some refreshments. Thanks Tim. We next stopped at an old farm and received permission (lots of fields). We started out hunting around the houses and I managed a 1945 Wash and a 1964 Rosie(yes I scratched it) Tim was the wheat master today. We then went to another town and again received permission to hunt a house. Nothing but junk metal though I did get an interesting copper coin, I think. Its soaking now and will keep you updated. When we were talking to the homeowner she said that they had found a 1826 dime while gardening, boy talk about getting your hopes up. Not to be.

Thanks for reading and keep diggin

JTGOLD
07-31-2011, 12:56 PM
nice silver and hunt,wtg.

Hook
07-31-2011, 02:12 PM
thats a couple nice ones there...congrats! and dont yaa just hate it when you gouge a good one ? i know i do! lol

coinnut
07-31-2011, 06:29 PM
Hey Al, you retired or something? lol I wanna hunt as often as you do thumbsup01 You guys gave it your best shot and did come away with some keepers. Better to practice scratching that Roosevelt than that 1826 Capped Bust dime :shocked04: It's always a gamble on what is gonna produce. I have been disappointed so many times that when I actually get on a great site, I don't believe it lol Fields are nice to hunt...no worries about damage done and no roots :clapping:

aloldstuff
07-31-2011, 07:38 PM
Hey Al, you retired or something? lol I wanna hunt as often as you do thumbsup01 You guys gave it your best shot and did come away with some keepers. Better to practice scratching that Roosevelt than that 1826 Capped Bust dime :shocked04: It's always a gamble on what is gonna produce. I have been disappointed so many times that when I actually get on a great site, I don't believe it lol Fields are nice to hunt...no worries about damage done and no roots :clapping:

Coinnut, retired, far from it. Fortunately my wife is a very understanding lady. It's a rare occurance when I scratch a coin, but I'm glad it was the rosie.

BOWSER
07-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Some people have all the luck :envious:

Mudder
07-31-2011, 08:15 PM
Good Job, hate that you nicked the dime, but I do it more often than not. Congrats.

angellionel
07-31-2011, 09:32 PM
It's really amazing how much silver still remains to be recovered. :yes: I'm too shy to ask folks for permission, but I better get over that soon. lol You did well Al. Hopefully more will show up soon. :happydance01:

Cheap Thrills
08-01-2011, 01:57 AM
Sweet finds ,gotta love those silver quarters ! thumbsup01 :cool:

RobW
08-01-2011, 10:02 AM
AAAAAAHHHHH!!! So that's how you got ahead of me...the numbers were'nt adding up when I saw your other post :thinkingabout:

Glad you and Tim were able to get together. The wedding was not as interesting as I was hoping for, it did have some quarky characters, but I was hoping for a bit more entertainment :->

aloldstuff
08-01-2011, 10:35 AM
AAAAAAHHHHH!!! So that's how you got ahead of me...the numbers were'nt adding up when I saw your other post :thinkingabout:

Glad you and Tim were able to get together. The wedding was not as interesting as I was hoping for, it did have some quarky characters, but I was hoping for a bit more entertainment :->

Rob, was really counting on some juicy photos. But alas once again...

del
08-01-2011, 04:36 PM
not a bad couple of coins Al :cheering: :cheering: looking to hear what the copper turns out to be ,
glad you got out with Tim again , you guys live pretty close , Yes??

aloldstuff
08-02-2011, 06:57 AM
not a bad couple of coins Al :cheering: :cheering: looking to hear what the copper turns out to be ,
glad you got out with Tim again , you guys live pretty close , Yes??

Del, yeah Tim and Rob and I live pretty close to each other. I think that the copper is a squashed canadian penny.

RobW
08-02-2011, 01:41 PM
Del, yeah Tim and Rob and I live pretty close to each other. I think that the copper is a squashed canadian penny.

Too close.....I can smell him from here

aloldstuff
08-02-2011, 01:53 PM
Too close.....I can smell him from here

That's the smell of silver my boy

Epi-hunter
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Great silver; excellent hunt! :happydance01:

jkress
08-03-2011, 11:23 PM
Sweet! Gotta love when the silver quarters come out. :smitten: Plus a bonus rosie. :clapping:
You folks and all these great finds have me severely itching to see some silver at the bottom of the hole.
Congrats Al.