PDA

View Full Version : COLD CELLAR HOLE HUNT WITH SNIFFY

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-17-2010, 07:12 PM
got up to a few new cellar holes sites with sniffy.digging was still a bit rough in some areas.
I got a few nice buttons,a old carriage name plate and a broken bridle rosette.that D-buckle locked on quarter at 4 inches and had my heart pumpin! :crying02: sniffy got the find of the day a nice 1883 seated dime.
2010 large copper count>>O :crying02:
I just want to thank Krom & snowy for the beautiful framed metal detectorists prayer they sent.below is a pic of it in my entertainment center.
what awesome people! thank you again! thumbsup01 :smitten:

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-17-2010, 07:14 PM
more pics

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-17-2010, 07:15 PM
couple more pics

coinnut
01-17-2010, 07:20 PM
Nice buttons and rosette. :yes: But ya gotta stop the new guys from getting all the good coins lol Next time charge him silver in trade for your detecting advice ;) I bet it was nice to get out a be able to dig thumbsup01

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-17-2010, 07:31 PM
Nice buttons and rosette. :yes: But ya gotta stop the new guys from getting all the good coins lol Next time charge him silver in trade for your detecting advice ;) I bet it was nice to get out a be able to dig thumbsup01

thanks! yeah it was nice to get out for sure! thumbsup01

angellionel
01-17-2010, 07:38 PM
Man, I'm suffering from cabin fever when seeing you guys out there finding great stuff. :twirlingeyes: Those are very nice keepers!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-17-2010, 07:42 PM
Man, I'm suffering from cabin fever when seeing you guys out there finding great stuff. :twirlingeyes: Those are very nice keepers!

thanks angel! you'll be out in no time.i can tell thumbsup01

del
01-17-2010, 07:47 PM
looks like your having fun . feeling the cabin fever starting to break a little ;) i'd say you had a very nice day especially for a January more buttons than i got yesterday :yes:. is the big ornate button a tombac Dave :confused: if so then :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: thats one of the nicest tombacs i've seen in a while . hey sometimes you got to take one for the team and let the partner find something once in a while to shut 'em up from :crying02: :crying02: right Coinnut ( i do hate it when George cries after a hunt ) lol rofl :poke:

nice finds Dave , congrats man

coinnut
01-17-2010, 07:49 PM
hey sometimes you got to take one for the team and let the partner find something once in a while to shut 'em up from :crying02: :crying02: right Coinnut ( i do hate it when George cries after a hunt ) lol rofl :poke:

Got that right thumbsup01 It's much better when you cry rofl

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-17-2010, 07:54 PM
looks like your having fun . feeling the cabin fever starting to break a little ;) i'd say you had a very nice day especially for a January more buttons than i got yesterday :yes:. is the big ornate button a tombac Dave :confused: if so then :shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: thats one of the nicest tombacs i've seen in a while . hey sometimes you got to take one for the team and let the partner find something once in a while to shut 'em up from :crying02: :crying02: right Coinnut ( i do hate it when George cries after a hunt ) lol rofl :poke:

Thanks Dan! yeah its a Tombac with shank missing.i think the design is very cool.the edge pattern is slightle lower than the main design which i've never seen on a tombac?you seen this befeore?.very heavy too!

SpringTxDigger
01-17-2010, 11:13 PM
Nice finds guys. Love the seated and the buttons. Glad you were able to get out.

coinnut
01-18-2010, 02:04 AM
the edge pattern is slightle lower than the main design which i've never seen on a tombac?you seen this befeore?.very heavy too!

What a great button. They started with a regular Tombac and only cut out the edge pie crust shape. Then they dotted the rim. An easy way to make a 3D button and get a couple more pennies for it. First relief button I've ever seen. You've found a lot of Indians (king of Indians :angelic:), but I think you specialty is finding the most unusual buttons around :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-18-2010, 05:44 AM
What a great button. They started with a regular Tombac and only cut out the edge pie crust shape. Then they dotted the rim. An easy way to make a 3D button and get a couple more pennies for it. First relief button I've ever seen. You've found a lot of Indians (king of Indians :angelic:), but I think you specialty is finding the most unusual buttons around :yes:

really? you never seen one like this either? hmmmm.and i was thinking you were the king of the unusual buttons.I can't take that title from you.you dig way more and you dig far more unusual buttons than i do G.so you may maintain your button man status for now ;)

John M
01-18-2010, 05:45 AM
Wow Dave you got a couple of nice looking buttons.At least one of you guys saved the coin.

sectshun8
01-18-2010, 12:41 PM
The eated is just awesome, a sweet find :yes:

Krom
01-18-2010, 06:26 PM
I just want to thank Krom & snowy for the beautiful framed metal detectorists prayer they sent.below is a pic of it in my entertainment center.
what awesome people! thank you again! thumbsup01 :smitten:

Very welcomed, Dave. Glad you liked it... and it's good to be appreciated. ;)
BTW... some great digs, there. Them coins & buttons are in awesome condition! :yes:

bmattioli
01-18-2010, 07:26 PM
You boys did good, Nice smile on Sniffy's face with the Seated.. We are turning the corner on the weather and digging every weekend is in site..

Epi-hunter
01-18-2010, 08:11 PM
Beautiful finds... love the seated coin!

And that is a really beautiful framed MD prayer Krom. Yes, Joe and Donna are two of the best people anywhere thumbsup01

Krom
01-18-2010, 10:45 PM
Thanks Ang. Bless you.
You're precious to us, too. :yes: