PDA

View Full Version : WHITE'S SIERRA MADRE ASSISTANCE

KINCUMBER
08-01-2011, 07:21 PM
Hi, I am considering purchaseing a Sierra Madre with the view to finding a lost cache of gold family jewellery buried in a backyard. Can anyone who has the Sierra Madre give me an idea of what I can expect from this metal detector?

coinnut
08-01-2011, 10:46 PM
I had one briefly and as I recall it was an analog, all metal detector...meaning it will detect every piece of metal in the ground no matter how small. :shocked01: Can go deep but you have to decide what you are going to dig. I would Google the detector and read up on the manual. If you know about where a cache is supposed to be buried, then it may help you find it. If the cache is burried in some other metal than Iron, most good detectors will probably find it , providing it is less than 12 deep. For that particular task, I would find a dealer willing to rent you a unit to try. :yes: Good luck at it and I hope you find them jewels :clapping:

KINCUMBER
08-02-2011, 12:05 AM
Coinnut, Thank you for that information. White's say that with the use of the 15 inch coil it will detect down to 5 feet, obviously on a large metal target. The lost family treasure is down around 3 feet. I cannot find any in depth reviews via google.

coinnut
08-02-2011, 05:47 PM
Not much at all about the ULA3/Sierra Madre on Google. But I didn't check all 223,000 hits on it lol It is a pretty specialized machine so I don't see it having that much information available on it. Try just asking White's (or their engineers if you can talk to one) about specific questions and best set up for what you are doing.