PDA

View Full Version : Hello from northeast Connecticut

OxShoeDrew
08-01-2011, 08:41 PM
Hi everyone, I am new to the forum and relatively new to the hobby. I am excited about the historical aspects of our hobby and the new things I am learning everyday. I can't wait to share these things with my students in September .....well maybe I can wait a little longer :-)

Mudder
08-01-2011, 09:07 PM
Welcome to the site, and yes the hobby does put a whole new light on history. In your case you should be able to write it off as a work related expense. :drool:

Epi-hunter
08-01-2011, 09:21 PM
Welcome to the forum!! :)

JTGOLD
08-01-2011, 09:55 PM
welcome to the forum,you'll like it here.

coinnut
08-01-2011, 10:00 PM
Hey, welcome aboard from western MA. :clapping: Del and I do a lot of hunting in the Ashford/Woodstock area along with the Voluntown area too. You have ventured into the best hobby in the world lol Hope you enjoy our little part of the web thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
08-02-2011, 06:01 AM
Welcome to the forum, Charlives! You're in prime hunting territory up there! Be sure to share your finds with us.

Happy Hunting!

del
08-02-2011, 11:15 AM
hello Charlives and welcome to American Detectorist . your in a great area (the quiet corner as its called) , what kind of detecting do you do ??

Dan

aloldstuff
08-02-2011, 11:29 AM
Welcome aboard. great hobby ya got yourself involved in. There are no self help groups (though someone tried to claim this forum was one). History can come alive with every hunt. Looking forward to your posts

angellionel
08-02-2011, 06:24 PM
Welcome charlives! Glad to have you with us. :yes:

fsa46
08-02-2011, 06:32 PM
Welcome aboard.... :clapping:

OxShoeDrew
08-02-2011, 06:41 PM
Thanks for the warm welcome everybody.
Yes Del, My Quiet Corner is getting louder...we have a large shopping center now :-\ I LOVE to relic hunt. I have found many things in 7 months that make me happy. Including a full pewter spoon from the federalist period, 1891 IH, flat button, many hand wrought nails, three ring minie, colonial shoe buckle, civil war era boot plate, and I am famous for digging up ox shoes (over 30), they trick me every time.
Coinnut, I live just south of Woodstock. I hope to try all the towns around here.
Good luck with the hunts and thanks again!!

del
08-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Yes Del, My Quiet Corner is getting louder...we have a large shopping center now :-\ I LOVE to relic hunt.
Coinnut, I live just south of Woodstock. I hope to try all the towns around here.

sorry to hear about the shopping center crying01 . RELICHUNTING :smitten: is my favorite also . your in a great area for it , sounds like you have a great start to the hobby with those finds , what machine you currently using?? we'll have to give ya a pm the next time we head that way for a hunt.

Dan

jkress
08-02-2011, 11:43 PM
Glad to have you here with us charlives. :clapping:
Careful, this is a very addicting hobby. lol
I hope you find lots of great stuff to share with your students this fall.

russellt
08-06-2011, 05:03 PM
your in a great part of the country to be detecting ....... lots of history up there . good luck

Jeff (or)
08-09-2011, 09:57 PM
Great to have you here!!! :cool: :beerbuddy:

tanacat
08-11-2011, 04:59 PM
Welcome aboard!!! The history aspect is wonderful... this forum and internet :shocked04:stretcher: so much info to be found! I love relics/old buttons myself- it's so neat to be able to date them using the backmarks. I take it that you teach history, right? :eyebrow: High school / college?

OxShoeDrew
08-11-2011, 07:43 PM
Welcome aboard!!! The history aspect is wonderful... this forum and internet :shocked04:stretcher: so much info to be found! I love relics/old buttons myself- it's so neat to be able to date them using the backmarks. I take it that you teach history, right? :eyebrow: High school / college?

haha yeah....I do teach history....music history. The relics are a perfect addition as we move through the years from Baroque to Modernism. I taught HS band for many years but now teach MS and love it.
Not one of the buttons I found have any marks front or back. :confused:
Thanks for the welcome!!

milco
08-11-2011, 09:45 PM
Welcome to AD and the hobby, have fun and the finds will come.