PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL INN SITE COUGHS UP ANOTHER COPPER

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2011, 07:41 PM
bored this afternoon and debating where to go :confused: a little intuition said to head up to the Inn site ... :poke: so i did.
Dan & George came to this site with me as well as Forino & sniffy.
a few targets here n there. a lot of trash in the hole itself.but up on the hill behind the foundation i dug a complete HUBLEY TEX toy gun,about 10 feet away got a nice quarter reading at 6 inches and out flopped the green disc :smitten: the clay pipe stem came out of the hole with the copper,got a 1923 wheatie, a broken blob top of a hutchinson bottle with stopper still in it. and after 4 hours called it a day.4th copper from this site now all colonial coins.
i wish i was one of the guys that hit this place in the 80's crying01 .the owner said i'd probably not do good here since these guys spent alot of time here back in the day.
not sure if this is a KG? a CT,VT? Dan or G can ya help me out? :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-02-2011, 07:43 PM
more pics

sniffy
08-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Looks like a young KGII

coinnut
08-02-2011, 08:28 PM
Hey nice hunt Dave. That place still had something to give you. :happydance01: Like Snif said, that looks like a King Geo II. Decent amount of finds, from a heavily hunted hole thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-04-2011, 06:57 AM
Great recoveries. From a KG II to a Hubley cap gun. by the way that cap gun looks great. Congrats on all the finds from a heavily hunted hole

JTGOLD
08-05-2011, 09:41 PM
very good finds,wtg.

Cheap Thrills
08-06-2011, 11:23 PM
Great finds and pictures . I love the picture of the table with all your finds on it , if I did that my wife would go Bananas , :blackeye: :stretcher: you must truly be the Master of your domain . |:confused:) :clapping:

tanacat
08-06-2011, 11:31 PM
love the picture of the table with all your finds on it , if I did that my wife would go Bananas

I was gonna mention that too lol Nice collection of goods Dave. Do you store things in display cases also? :poke:

I know you have your GW buttons in safe cozy place, don't you? :smitten:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2011, 11:55 AM
I was gonna mention that too lol Nice collection of goods Dave. Do you store things in display cases also? :poke:

I know you have your GW buttons in safe cozy place, don't you? :smitten:

yeah i do Tana,just got lazy with this years finds and they are piled up on a shelf here :embarrassed:
here are some of my cases
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=41;area=showposts;start =1425

milco
08-09-2011, 11:18 PM
Very nice hunt from a pounded site there!

OxShoeDrew
08-14-2011, 05:49 PM
Your sink ever clog up with dirt? :grin:. Nice pics as usual.

tanacat
08-15-2011, 04:29 PM
yeah i do Tana,just got lazy with this years finds and they are piled up on a shelf here :embarrassed:
here are some of my cases
http://www.americandetectorist.com/forum/index.php?action=profile;u=41;area=showposts;start =1425

Don't worry I've got the piles too rofl I bet we all do... :rolleyes: horseshoes here, copper pipe there...lol

Hey I couldn't find any of your cases. I'll have to post pics of mine here sometime- Storage of Finds I guess. Perhaps some of yours are in that section? I've been meaning to add stuff into media here for over a year.