PDA

View Full Version : Sandy has a voice and its soft and sweet like gold.

Relic Whisperer
08-03-2011, 08:52 AM
At the urging of my wife (how ridiculously awsome is that) I went for a short hunt yesterday at my local beach with Sandy. Sandy is the pet name my wife gave my Sand Shark. She figures if she has to share me with my detector, it should at least have a name. Anyway, tide was going out, but wind was blowing in so I was limited to the wet sand. Took a few minutes to find where the 50 foot wide wet sand was holding the heavier stuff. Then I began to hear this soft faint voice and realized that it was Sandy talking to me faintly and almost shy. I quickly realize that to be a good partner you really need to listen to your partner when they speak to you and dig down deep to understand what they are saying until you unearth what they are trying to tell you. I'm talking about my wife telling me to go hunt of course. Sandy, if your listening, thanks for telling me about the 18.5 gram 10k/14k gold bracelet I found about 10 inches below my toes. I am really sorry I was't listening closley before, it will never happen again. Gold Fever there is no cure! Oh, and the other bracelet is just a junk bracelet, but they have feelings too so I included it in the photo.

angellionel
08-03-2011, 10:22 AM
Gold fever is right, Stan. lol Sweet piece of gold! :loveit:

aloldstuff
08-03-2011, 10:45 AM
Great recovery. Like the name your wife has given the detector. Now be sure to listen carefully, all the time, constantly, forever.

Cheap Thrills
08-03-2011, 11:58 AM
Nice going on some more gold Stan !!That machine will be payed off in no time . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

SeabeeRon
08-03-2011, 02:34 PM
Good looking Gold!! :clapping: The yellow stuff has been mostly eluding me out here so far this season. crying01

coinnut
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
Hmmmm :thinkingabout: I'm sensing an underlying reason why your wife would tell you to go detecting with Sandy. I can't quite figure out what it is ? :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: :thinkingabout: Of course 8/ She gets to keep all the GOLD and DIAMONDS you find rofl Now I know why she was so accommodating. :smitten: Sounds like you have a great wife there Stan. thumbsup01 That is one heck of a find too. That Tesoro is paid for a couple times over already :clapping: Something about gold gets the blood pumping...maybe 'cause I can't find any lol

Relic Whisperer
08-03-2011, 03:49 PM
Coinnut I think you are on to something. Yesterday my wife came home with a check for $200 for the gold ring I found on Sunday and said this is fun. That's my girl.

SeabeeRon
08-03-2011, 04:12 PM
Coinnut I think you are on to something. Yesterday my wife came home with a check for $200 for the gold ring I found on Sunday and said this is fun. That's my girl.

thumbsup01 :peace: :clapping:

coinnut
08-03-2011, 04:28 PM

Yep, another detectorist's wife converted to the hobby :rolleyes: lol

Epi-hunter
08-03-2011, 04:33 PM

lol lol

Very nice gold! :clapping:

BOWSER
08-03-2011, 06:19 PM
my wife has a wooden leg,i call her peggy

SeabeeRon
08-03-2011, 08:44 PM
my wife has a wooden leg,i call her peggy

rofl rofl just spewed beer on my monitor! rofl <}

Ill Digger
08-03-2011, 08:46 PM
:huh: Yep. Funny how that works ain't it lol 8/
Nice hunk'a gold!! thumbsup01
Congrats :grin:

tanacat
08-04-2011, 03:26 PM
:clapping: nice bracelet! So is she going to sell this one too? :loveit: lol

Btw, what does it say on it?

I've never sold anything, but prob would sell some gold at these rates. Of course it'll prob only go up :happydance01: Congrats!

Relic Whisperer
08-04-2011, 03:35 PM
Sold the previously posted gold ring for $200. My wife just called and said she just got $340 for the bracelet. With the clad and some silver this now makes me even on the costs for my Sand Shark and scoop in about 2 months time. :clapping:

jkress
08-04-2011, 10:46 PM
Another piece of beautiful gold! <: One good... one bad. Can't complain about that.

With the clad and some silver this now makes me even on the costs for my Sand Shark and scoop in about 2 months time. :clapping:

That is one fast return on your investment. :shocked04: It's all gravy now.

RobW
08-05-2011, 08:55 AM
Great finds and great return on paying off the detector that quick! Awsome :clapping: