PDA

View Full Version : George II and Half Cent...Yeah Happy Hunting!!!

MassDirtFisher
08-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Well a half day at work today, so I slipped over to a hunting spot where I have had luck before. It was about 2 O' clock and I had 2 hours to kill before I had to go home. So when I arrived at this spot which usually has 6 feet of hay grass, did not have 6 feet, more like 8 inches, I jumped out of the car and powered up the dirt pole and casted it right into the grass. I was getting discouraged for the first half hour, until a deep 8 80VDI ...repeatable ...KGII popped right out of the plug. My heart was racing..BUMP...BUMP..BUMP :twirlingeyes:
I found another 4 flat buttons, one with the gold gilt still on the reverse, kinda neat :grin:. Over the next like hour and a half I dug many trashy targets and of course an OX KNOB!, until I got a 60-70 VDI , very bouncy deep signal 8 inch..Dug the plug and scanned the plug and hole ,It was in the hole. One handful of dirt and This 179- Half cent was there in my hand. :twirlingeyes:. Not sure of the date, as I wanted to take a pic before and after soaking in Oil.I then had to leave to get home, But , I will be going back to hit that place hard. My hunt was a Happy One!! :grin:

HAPPY HUNTING EVERYONE!!!

Epi-hunter
08-03-2011, 03:11 PM
AWESOME finds!!! Congratulations! :clapping:

angellionel
08-03-2011, 03:15 PM
Excellent finds! :happydance01: Yeah, I bet those had your blood pumping faster than usual. lol It's great when you are able to hit a site that has been off-limit because of the tall grass. :yes: Congrats! :clapping:

aloldstuff
08-03-2011, 03:18 PM
Tim, excellent hunt. Short grass rules. Please keep us posted on the date of the 1/2 cent. Huge congrats on that KG II :perfect10:. The buttons look really great also.
|:confused:)

coinnut
08-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Congrats on the ox knob :clapping: :clapping: Oh wait....I meant the KGII and the half cent lol Hey, if I'm looking at it right, it appears to be a Classic Head variety (1809-1829) Maybe, I'm just seeing clouds though lol Either way it is a great short hunt. We don't find as many half cents as we should find, seeing as they would have been used just as much, if not more that cents. Nice flat buttons too.

JTGOLD
08-03-2011, 03:27 PM
very good hunt,wtg.

fsa46
08-03-2011, 03:34 PM
Nice finds....the 2 hour hunt paid off. WTG thumbsup01

Tony Two-Cent
08-03-2011, 07:27 PM
Great finds! I can't wait to see that half cent after it's cleaned up a bit. My old eyes are having trouble making out the details on it. Man, I love seeing the awesome coins you guys find up there in New England!

Good job! :clapping:

jkress
08-03-2011, 11:21 PM
Half day of work and some true oldies... PRICELESS!! <:
What a fun hunt that must have been. These types of hunts are what we all dream of... at least I do.
Yep, I'd be going back there too... with a tent and a pack full for two days. lol

powered up the dirt pole and casted it right into the grass.

rofl Nice. rofl

Cheap Thrills
08-04-2011, 12:05 AM
Amazing hunt , nice stuff !! thumbsup01 thumbsup01

RobW
08-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Hey, if I'm looking at it right, it appears to be a Classic Head variety (1809-1829) Maybe, I'm just seeing clouds though lol .

How do you see that? I can't make out anything......and I'm WAY younger than you :tongue:

Congrats Tim...awsome finds :clapping: Way jealous :envious: