PDA

View Full Version : back to summer camp

JTGOLD
08-03-2011, 03:14 PM
went back to the summer camp again and was hopeing I would find some silver,hunted for about 3 hours and found nothing but new clad,all was 3 to 6 inches down and the dirt was real loose so I'm thinking the good stuff is a lot deeper and the detector can't go that deep.the heat got to much for me and had to quit but not befor I got 12-Q,,8-D,,3-N and 7 pennies,,going to wait till it gets a little cooler and hit it some more.......HH....and thanks for looking.

SeabeeRon
08-03-2011, 04:21 PM
Good results even w/o the silver in my book JT!! :clapping:

coinnut
08-03-2011, 06:18 PM
Well at least you know no one else has detected there and it will give you lots of clad which is good too. With that loose soil, I think you are right that it is deeper than you want it to be. :yes: Sometimes you can find areas that have some larger trees and look closer to them. The roots may have kept some of the coins from sinking too deep. But in the open areas, there isn't much to stop it from sinking. Just some suggestions to help you silver odds a bit. Be careful on the heat. Maybe just hunt early morning for a couple of hours (or maybe early evenings) and call it a day.

Tony Two-Cent
08-03-2011, 07:24 PM
I'm glad that you were able to make it out again Terry but I hope you are taking care of yourself in this heat! The thermometer in my car said 121 F when I got off work today!

I have to believe there is some silver there, or least some wheat cents! Maybe it's just a matter of finding the older area of the camp. Either way, you found a lot of coins today! Good job!

Ill Digger
08-03-2011, 09:36 PM
Nice haul for a short little hunt Terry!
Make sure your take'n it easy out there :yes:
Congrats :grin:

jkress
08-03-2011, 11:36 PM
Great bunch of diggable targets there JT.
Peel back the clad layer to reveal what lies beneath. :daydream:

Cheap Thrills
08-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Nice bunch of change JT , way more productive than my last couple of hunts . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-04-2011, 08:25 AM
Good hunting, as jkress says peel back the clad to reveal the good stuff. From the pictures I saw of this camp, Coinnut had the right advise. Hit the tree areas. Congrats on all the clad