PDA

View Full Version : Last Night and a few other hunts

RobW
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM
I haven't been posting because....welll :blush:...as much of a hard time I give Al about being old and not getting technology....I don't get it either :embarrassed:...I got a new phone, because I threw my last onbe out on a MCDonalds tay, and after digging through the trash an hour later...it was dead. So I have a new phone, that I've been trying to figure out, and reading an instruction manual, well...who has time for that?

I also haven't had as much time to detect lately because I've been playing Mr. Mom, as my wife started a new job in CT, so it's up to me to bring my daughter to and from school and make dinner.

Anyways, you don't want to her about my life, only what I find so:

Last night I was able to break free for a bit and met up with Al. We went to the spot he found the KG last week. It was slow going, lots o' trash, digging every decent repeatable signal...memorials at 6 inches...then what I thought might be a shallow memorial, as I used my pinpointer on the surface to find the spot turned out to be a Colonial shoe buckel :peace:. I got siked a bit and a bit of renewd hope. Then a bit later a few wheats, and this much smaller buckel. Does anyone have any ideas?

I'm also posting my finds from a few other hunts, including 2 silver quarters and a buffalo, and many wheats

RobW
08-05-2011, 08:28 AM
More pics

aloldstuff
08-05-2011, 08:36 AM
DO YOU LIVE HERE:huh: YOU ARE NOT SUSPOSE TO BE HERE....... glad to see you got that technology thing worked out. What a nice buckle you recovered last night. What was the date on the early wheat?? Good hunting and hope we can meet up this weekend.

RobW
08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
DO YOU LIVE HERE:huh: YOU ARE NOT SUSPOSE TO BE HERE.......

rofl...I overheard her saying she was calling the cops too..I was just waiting. I was going to point them in YOUR direction :teasing: But they never showed...probably because they had come out several times already to harrass you and know you have permission to be there...the CRAZY people of Westfield (literally) lol

The early wheat appears to be an 1918, the other 2 are 50s. I like them early ones...an indian would be better. But I'll take it! :yes:

angellionel
08-05-2011, 09:43 AM
Very nice hunts you have had, Rob. :happydance01: You are hitting an old site; I'm thinking that you and Al will be pulling some great stuff from there. :drool: Good hit on the silver too. :clapping:

Cheap Thrills
08-05-2011, 11:44 AM
Nice going, looking forward to seeing what thumbsup01 else is pulled out of there .Neat buckles :cool: thumbsup01

MassDirtFisher
08-05-2011, 11:51 AM
WOW!! Nice Buckles!! Very impressive. Sucks digging all that trash up, but its part of what we do. Congrats on all your great finds. Happy Hunting Rob!! Im sure I will see you soon. :poke:

JTGOLD
08-05-2011, 01:09 PM
nice hunt and finds,wtg.